1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GB MB210 - cooling fan rattle/buzz?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by warx, Oct 3, 2010.

1. warx

warx

Sep 13, 2010
    Marin, CA
    Hi,

I've got an MB210 that after a while of playing has a constant mechanical rattle/buzz coming from just under the input jacks. Its not coming though the speakers and to me sounds like a cooling fan with some kind of mechanical interference. Do these units have fans on thermal switches? If I turn the unit off for a minute it does not restart when I turn it back on and only starts after 20 mins of medium volume playing.

I saw posts about other rattles when playing certain notes etc. It it fine except for my fear something is being worn down in there. I guess I should open it up but it was a "used" unit from MF and its still under the 45 day satisfaction "warranty". I would hate to return it if its just a wire that's got into the path of the fan blades or something simple like that.

Thanks,
    Mike.

2. rag

rag

Mar 24, 2003
    Robert A. Gallien, President Gallien-Krueger

It sounds like something is touching the fan blades. Contact brian@galien.com, it should be a very simple fix.
    Bob

3. I had a fan blade break off my SWR power 800. The unbalanced fan created quite a racket. Could be your problem.