Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GB No'2 What finish's...???...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZenBass, Nov 25, 2003.

1. I have just sold bassically all my gear and have just bought a Brand New EBS rig, A Fafner Head and a EBS 4x10,

My rig is now

GB Custom 4
    EBS Fafner
    EBS 4x10

I am just about to order a New GB Spitfire from Bernie Goodfellow but i am undecided on what finish's i want and colour option and things since bassically i can have anything i want..

Im thinking a dyed dark purple quilty maple top with a flamed ash back, rock mapel neck with flamed maple fingerboard....

kinda like this on..

http://www.druidmedia.co.uk/gbguitars4/images/standard/112.jpg[/]

but darker purple and a 4-string...

If you could have any finish what would you opt for...

Tho i have to admit i really do like this alooooot.

[img]http://www.druidmedia.co.uk/gbguitars4/images/standard/104.jpg

2. like this even

[​IMG]

Over GB's i like are

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Zenbass,
    The purple bass is the most striking bass on the GB Guitars site! I'd go for that. Do they still offer the "holoflake" style finish? I always that was quite cool, if a bit gaudy! ;)

4. you mean Parismic Sparkle colour.. that changed colour under the light and has rainbow flecks in the finish...

[​IMG]

You mean like this one.. :p... that is my bass.. hehe

here's another shot of it

[​IMG]

hehe

5. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    ZenBass,
    I thought the figure in the maple top that Bernie picked out for me was so nice I decided to simply go with a natural finish over it. May not be as flashy as some others he offers, but has a nice look too.
    [​IMG]

Bernie has finished my bass and is actually sending it out FedEx in the morning so that I should have it for my gigs this weekend. I'm really looking forward to seeing it in person.

I have a couple pictures of the completed bass if someone would be kind enough to host them for me, I can add them to the post)

6. berklee46

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    Oh yeah, I do really like the "Wicca" finish he offers as well. I can't find a picture of the actual finish, but it looks a lot like this:
    [​IMG]

7. Guys,
    I am in GB bass heaven with all of these! Love that purple GB Std! Scott, I am on the phone tomorrow to Bernie to order a GB Std! Can't wait for Santa!
    Here's a pic of my Wicca finish Rumour to go with all of these fabulous basses. Zen, get the purple one before I do!!
    Cheers Rumblebass

8. well i think ive found the ulitmate GB colour...

[​IMG]

I Think that is gorgeous...

ps Scott I have seen your bass than bernie built for you.. and i have to say.. extreeeeeemly jealous......and you will absolutly love it....

:cool:

9. Hey Zenbass,

Nice to see a fellow GB/EBS user. Where do you find your GB pics. I can't remember seeing the purple one or the red/black one on Bernie's site. I am after a GB Std 5 to go with my Rumour & I'd like to see some other finshes other than those on the site.

Cheers for now
    Rumblebass

www.rumbleband.com

PS Zen, Just found them in the gallery section! Nice!!

10. berklee46

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    ZenBass,
    That red is a beautiful color. Did you end up ordering the bass?

Grahame was nice enough to take a couple pics of my bass at a UK Guitar Show last week. I'm hoping it arrives either today, or at the beginning of next week!

[​IMG]

11. berklee46

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    How about you, Grahame...did you end up calling and putting an order in as well? And please stop calling the model a "Standard" - I paid a lot of money to have a "Spitfire!!" :p :p

12. Sorry Scott,

They used to be called Spitfire in the early days, then were changed to GB Standard & now he seems to be using the Spitfire name again. I am going to go down to Croydon & see Bernie before Christmas & put an order in for a 'Spitfire'!! I'll probably end up also coming away with a 600w Fafner head & 2 more EBS cabs to go with the 2 I've already got. You know what he's like!
    Drop a line when you receive your package!
    Cheers
    Grahame

Rumblebass