1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GB Shuttle 6.0 question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by El Spearo, Feb 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. El Spearo

El Spearo

Jun 12, 2012
    Wellington, NZ
    I plugged into it to practise today, and noticed the volume had dropped to about half what it used to be. Everything was exactly the same, bass, levels, etc. Could it be the tube? I didn't notice the orange glow i can see in the tubes of my fusion 550.

thanks!

2. agedhorse

agedhorse SUSPENDED Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Possibly the tube, but check the obvious things first... battery in bass (if active), control settings (yes, they do accidentally change), effects (if using any) and cycle a plug into the effects return a couple times to make sure the switch inside the jack is fully seated.

3. El Spearo

El Spearo

Jun 12, 2012
    Wellington, NZ
    Thanks a lot mate. I will do that tonight

Jeff Genzler likes this.
  4. El Spearo

El Spearo

Jun 12, 2012
    Wellington, NZ
    So it finally gave up the ghost... :crying: Plugged in to practise tonight and nothing. It turns on, the fan goes, but nothing. The input signal light is not turning on. I'm going to try to find a tech, but if it's too hard or too expensive I might have to buy a new class D amp. Maybe a Magellan...:D

5. mrwink

mrwink

Apr 30, 2000
    Los Angeles area
    You may have already checked this, but the volume pot on my Shuttle 6.0 is dirty and I sometimes need to find the sweet spot to get the volume to be up correctly. . . I usually spin the knob back and fourth before powering up.

Hopefully the problem with yours isn't too serious.

6. Jeff Genzler

Jeff Genzler Commercial User

Feb 9, 2007
    Brooklyn NY
    Currently GENZLER AMPLIFICATION / Formerly GENZ BENZ
    Sorry to read about your issues. If you PM me perhaps I can assist.

7. agedhorse

agedhorse SUSPENDED Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Have you checked the effects loop like I mentioned in post #2?

I have a service program for all of the GB bass amps, pm me and I will get you the info.