1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GB Shuttle 6.0 vs GK1001-RBII

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JI99, Mar 11, 2008.

1. JI99

JI99 Guest

Jan 24, 2007
    Has anyone compared these two amps (besides the obvious weight difference)?
    thanks

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Man you are lucky if 2 TB'ers have that Shuttle 6.0 :)

3. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Well, I have a GK 1001RB-II and a NeoPak (which should have a very similar tone to the Shuttle 6.0). I really like both these amps and there's subtle differences. I seem to be able to get a little more old school tone with the GK. With the GB, I usually have the mids jumping through with the tube pre and the best I can describe it is sort of a "buzz". These are both great amps.

We're going to have a local GTG soon and I'll bring both and I know that KPJ just got his Shuttle 6.0 today so we'll do some comparisons.

4. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    After purchasing the Shuttle, I couldn't justify having both so I sold my 1001RB-II. The GK's a great amp, but I felt I could get most of the tones I was looking for in the Shuttle and weight was a major factor too. The GK had it's own unique GK voicing, but I've always found its control layout confusing.