1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GB Shuttle 6.0 with Eden Navigator Footswitch

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jaeman111, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Does anyone know if/how this will work? I already own the 4 button Nav footswitch, don't really want to shell out $100 if I don't have to.

2. Chinguschild

Chinguschild

Apr 17, 2006
    Chico, Cali
    just plug it in and try it. Cant hurt anything.

3. Seriously??
    It Could hurt a lot.
    I wouldnt unless Genz Benz themselves said it was compatable or I had a wiring schematic of both to make sure that I wasnt shorting anything out.
    DO NOT Try plugging it in if you Value your Shuttle.
    You may get lucky but are you willing to take that chance?
    I would like to know myself as I have the same setup.
    The Genz Benz Guy checks these forums regularly hopefully he will chime in.
    Steve

4. Chinguschild

Chinguschild

Apr 17, 2006
    Chico, Cali
    Ok then. I will take it from you. But I haven't ever heard of any sorts of issues with that. Mind telling me what issues might have arisen? :help:

5. My Tech has allways warned me about it as he has repaired amps because wrong pedals, Im not sure which models but I wouldnt risk that without doing some checking first.
    Its not normal that Genz Benz would admit if another pedal might work but then there service isnt normal either (in a good way).
    Like I said it may work but I couldnt risk it myself and I would feel terrible if I told someone to try it and they fried there amp.
    Steve

6. Chinguschild

Chinguschild

Apr 17, 2006
    Chico, Cali
    I hear ya. I didnt say it to screw any body elses gear up. Glad someone corrected me. I had just seen it as common practice both by me and other players and thought nothing of it. Thanks for the heads up.

7. Don't do it! You might damage the footswitch. :)

You can always replace the GB... :bag:

8. I could just be to anal but with my luck if I tried it something would go poof.

9. Just a bump to see if anyone knows if this will work or if they know the pinout for the footswitch.

Thanks,

Jay

10. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Please do not do this. Footswitch switching logic is very different amongst all manufacturers and you can indeed do damage when a footswitch designed for one product is used with another that it is not intended for.

11. +1 I just read that the Genz Benz Footswitch has lights on it and I dont recall if my 4 switch Navigator pedal does or not,but imagine what would happen if you sent the power for the lights back to the Amp.:crying: