1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GB ShuttleMAX bag vs. Gator?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eatcg, Oct 2, 2009.

1. eatcg

eatcg

May 17, 2006
    I noticed a few people got the 15" Gator bag first and then upgraded to the GB bag. Is there a compelling reason for that or was it mainly for completeness' sake?

2. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    The Genz bag is pretty sweet. I wish you could leave the amp in it while its running but otherwise, the make a nice little bag for their amps.

3. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    (Most if not all) Amps should be run outside of the carry bags and soft racks because there's no way to insure adequate clearances and relief vents for proper cooling of the amp. Amps that have fans also have relief venting, this may be one vent or several distributed vents. Blocking these is not a good idea and may result in thermal faults or long term reliability.

Hard racks with proper clearances are generally no problem.

4. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    That is very true. But its so much work to pull my three pound amp out of its matching bag and place it on my cab! haha!

Have I mentioned that I freakin love my Shuttle! :)

5. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Yeah, it's quite a chore manhandling these lightweight amps but I see folks getting lazy and forgetting that it's still an amp. ;)