1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GB Streamliner 900 + Aguilar Tone Hammer Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by eldoctorbass, Mar 31, 2013.

1. I searched a bunch and couldn't seem to find this in a thread (someone has probably talked about it, but just sayin'... I searched!). Does anyone use a Streamliner with a Tone Hammer pedal? If so, I'd be interested in your cab/s and what the TH does for your overall sound.

2. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    The Tone Hammer is going to pretty much do what it does. By that I mean it's not a drastic tonal change, but rather more of an additional EQ. I've used the Tone Hammer in front of a few amps, and it works great as such to help carve or boost certain frequencies. My guess is that the combination would work well.

3. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

If you set it to unity gain, you can use it as additional eq. I will run my TH Pedal into the effects return of my STM 900 from time to time as a change up. Works great.

4. mystic38

mystic38

Dec 4, 2012
    Mystic CT
    bit of a tangent.. but the presonus EQ3B is a three band parametric EQ that works wonderful with the Streamliner in the FX loop..and any other amp of course...and available on Ebay for <$80

5. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    I just bought a TH effects pedal from a TBer last week. Nice pedal. I was trying to trade my new GB Shuttle 9.2 for a TH 500 amp but no bites here; I can't blame them.

So I ran the TH pedal into effects return of GB 9.2 head, bypassing the built in pre. WOW, its pretty darn nice. Huge lows, very nice mid freq options on the pedal. I couldn't use my Streamliner 900 with my Epi UL410 cab, just no mids in that combination, all mud. But I tried the 9.2 + TH pedal with my 8 ohm, UL410 today and with my NeoX 212T yesterady at band practice. Made both cabs sound huge and just lush lows. Using a P5 with tapes helps too. :bassist:

Now, I've always liked the Stream 900 with other cabs besides my UL410. And I bought the 9.2 for a different tone than my 900. So the 9.2 may also sound nice with UL410 cab but the TH pedal just adds some very nice touches.

And now I can still get about 500 watts into the 8ohm UL410 with the 9.2 head+TH pedal. And about 900 watts into my 4 ohm cabs. Gona hook up the 4 ohm TB153 soon to see what that does. I usually use my Streamliner 900 with that cab. But lets see what happens. I've not tried the TH pedal with the Streamliner 900 yet but I like what that amp does all its own.