GB Streamliner 900 or Shuttle 6.2 for Epifani PS410 cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gee Man, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Gee Man

Gee Man

Nov 2, 2016
    W. MA.
    So I'm starting to build out my first bass rig as I am new to the instrument. I am picking up a used Epifani PS410 tomorrow that I found at a steal on CL, it is an 8 Ohm cab, but for the price I couldn't pass it up. Now I am looking at amp heads, used, mostly here. There are two I am considering, the Genz Benz Streamliner 900 and Genz Benz Shuffle 6.2, both around the same price point. I'm playing mostly loud garage rock right now, but would like a flexible rig that will play well in most music styles. I am leaning towards the 900 for more power, as well as the tube warmth, but wonder if it won't be too warm with the PS410 cab, which I understand tends to be on the darker side of the tonal spectrum already, which is why I am also considering the Shuffle 6.2. Les power but seems as though it may cut in the mix more? Lastly, I am also considering the Markbass LMT 800 if anyone has input on that amp as well. I will be playing my Ibanez SRFF805 5 string through whatever I get and want something that can handle that low B without farting out or getting muddy.

TIA

2. Muyy

Muyy Commercial User

Sep 4, 2009
    Orlando, Fl
    Starr Guitars
    I don't have any experience with the shuttlemax or markbass amp but I can say I've never thought that the Streamliner came close to too warm. It just sounds nice and round and with the way it is designed, if you want less of the tube, you just dial the gain back on the preamp. I've got the 600, wish I had the 900, but it still sounds really good to me for basically any style.

so tuff likes this.
  3. floydman

floydman

Sep 27, 2002
    southeast CT
    Good score- I saw that posting and couldn't believe the price. Everything in good shape?

4. Gee Man

Gee Man

Nov 2, 2016
    W. MA.
    Very, and it sounds great with the GB Streamliner 900 I just grabbed from here. Now if I can just raise the funds for the PS115 in the classifieds.:eyebrow: