Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GBE 600 Speakon question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CaptainHueso, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Just picked up a GBE 600 I've had on layaway, and I'm pumped to say the least. My question is this. My cabinet wont run all 8 speakers in 4 ohms unless I use a speakon connector. The cabinet is a SWR Megoliath. I understand that Speakon connecters are offered in 2 pole, 4 pole, and 8 pole models. I have NO IDEA what this all means, but I know enough to assume that it'd be a bad idea to use the wrong kind. Anybody have any idea what kind I need to get?

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Get one from Pete or Butch over at the Pit. Tell them what it is for, they'll hook you up right.

-Mike

3. I'm sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about. Who is Pete, Butch, and where is the Pit?

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Pete = Pete Brunelli...maker of custom instrument and amp cables

Butch = Butch Ammons....maker of custom instrument and amp cables.

The Pit = The Dudepit....another forum dedicated to bass and bass players.

Butch and Pete post here as well, but they are more active at the Pit. I needed some new cables for my rig, and I e-mailed Pete with what I had, and what I wanted. He hand made some top notch cables and sent them to me for a very fair price. The quality is far superior to anything you are going to buy in a music store.

-Mike

5. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Actually it doesn't really matter what Speakon cable you use. It states on the back of the amp, the 2, and -2 pins are unused. So 2 pin or 4 pin is coolio.

~Patrick