GC and Fender at it again. $599 for a Limited Edition Precision.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Clark W, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Clark W

Clark W Just Say No To Tort! Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2018
  2. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Also not in the market, but that's a nice looking P for sure.

G RICH 5 and Clark W like this.
  3. dylanjohnson

dylanjohnson Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Morro Bay, CA
    I think this has been a discounted GC exclusive for years. I bought a final year Fender standard (just before the player series) in that color back in 2019. They were $499.

4. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    Bet it would look killer with a mint guard on it.

MattZilla likes this.
  5. dylanjohnson

Jul 9, 2002
    Morro Bay, CA
    I think the tort looks great!

Marko 1 and Jeff K like this.
  6. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    I'm not a tort fan, but that's an easy enough fix if someone didn't want the tort.

I think mint would stand out really well on that bass.

7. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    darn it - i've blown my budget already for anything right now after getting a quilter interbass, an instant pot and air fryer lid, art supplies, christmas presents and the harps...

come to think of it, i need to stop buying things till i sell some things. it doesn't help that my husband keeps murmuring to me "you need a 5 sting..." :D

btw,
    "it's not everyone's cup of tea"...

sporad likes this.
  8. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    california
    And it comes with a perris leather guitar strap

9. Jim C

Jim C I believe in the trilogy; Fender, Stingray, + G&L Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    There is nothing exclusive about them. I bought one in 2018 and was told they only made something like 251 of them. The guy at GC showed me this on their computer and their were only 4 left in inventory at the time. It's all marketing BS but a decent looking color.

10. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    Or they were "Exclusive" and they made more than they sold and are trying to get rid of them.
    The serial num on the one on GC's site is MX18120321, it was manufactured in 2018.

My American I bought in Oct of 2020 was made in the spring of 2019.

Whatever it is, a Player Series Bass with full warranty for $599, not too shabby of a deal considering what the current Player Series retail price is.

Jim C likes this.
  11. Jim C

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    The rest are not worth $800 to me without rolled edges on the fretboard as compared to what other brands are offering (Lakland, MM, G&L, etc.). But if you want a Fender, that's your mid level choice. BTW, I love Fenders and have 5 from the 70's and a 1960 as well as the 2018.

12. dylanjohnson

Jul 9, 2002
    Morro Bay, CA
    I agree. Still, I'm always somewhat surprised that people don't just get their fret ends filed by someone if they love the bass. Seeing Players selling for 800 is pretty mind numbing. My first new bass purchase was a MIM around 92. I think it was 375 new. I have a 60, too! I've never found anything that remotely compares to it.

Jim C and Clark W like this.
  13. dylanjohnson

Jul 9, 2002
    Morro Bay, CA
    Exclusive only meaning that GC was the only place to sell this color. I don't think it infers anything else special. Mine turned out to be a floor model with paint damage and some other issues, but I liked it. I got them to credit me some of the cost. Was yours a Standard or a Player? They may have only made 251 before they switch to the player logo. Who cares, though.

14. Jim C

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    I think mine was a Standard but is it really any different than a Player other than year of manufacture?
    OTOH, a buddy once bought a few B&W Hendrix photos from a very well known photographer for big money.
    They were limited edition with something like 1 of 20.
    Turns out that was just for that particular size. The next run was something like 1/2" smaller of the exact same image.
    I think it's all crap to misrepresent something as a limited edition and then make them again nearly exactly the same.

15. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    I don't think they're making them again, just trying to get rid of old, new stock. And yes they're Player Series but in a color only available through GC. That's the "limited" part of it. Not really going to mean anything 10 years down the road, it'll still be a MIM Player Precision, just in a harder to find color. But right now, for someone considering a Player Series instrument, it's a heck of a buy.

Jim C likes this.
  16. athfngl

athfngl

Mar 29, 2020
    Raleigh, NC
    FYI, this sale is back on as of January 7th - $599.99 down from $874.99.

I've had two of these, sold both but loved them. Might grab one again and keep it once and for all!

17. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    So they're back at it again, again?

18. That would look killer with a creme pickguard! Wish I could get this deal up here in Canada.

19. Clark W

Aug 26, 2018
    Or a cream pearl. Can you not get that deal online?

20. I wish, Guitar Center exclusive! They don't ship that item to Canada it says. No deals like that up here that I can find. :crying:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 23, 2022