1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GC and SA in Miami = dissapointment

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by purfektstranger, Jun 18, 2005.

1. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I just spent a week in Miami attending a work related course from hell. One evening I decided to pay a visit to the Guitar Center located near the Dadeland Mall. Lots of guitars n drums but what the heck happened to their bass section?? Maybe three or four fenders, a few warwicks, lower end spectors and yamahas, four higher end basses and that's it. Honestly, there was probably no more than 25 basses in the whole place. I walked out of there really depressed. Undaunted.....two nights later I shuttle it down to the Sam Ash (Dolphin Mall). I arrive at the store and was pleased to see there was at least a hundred or so guitars on the walls. The drum section was smaller but fairly well stocked. Then I walked into the bass section. I am looking around in disbelief because there were even less basses there than at Guitar Center. Two American made Fenders, two mim's, three Yamahas and a handful of others. Now I don't know if this is indicative of the selection at most GC and Sam Ash stores but if I lived in Miami, I wouldn't visit either of these stores twice.

2. dhadleyray

dhadleyray Guest

Dec 7, 2004
    I personally think that's a sign of things to come...

3. i go to the sam ash a little further north (up in margate) and i feel the same way. the bass section is horribly lacking. especially when it comes to the amps. they have a hell of a hartke selection, but that is about it.

4. Sad But true, I sometimes go to guitar center. Like if I need strings in a hurry. But I mostly order from American Musical Supply. Or other online stores. The only reason I'll go to Guitar Center is to buy an amp, if I wanted a Mesa/Boogie. When Mars Music was around they had a pretty sweet bass section. But sadly theres no cool stores in miami. They are all up north.