GC and SA in Miami = dissapointment

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by purfektstranger, Jun 18, 2005.

1. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    I just spent a week in Miami attending a work related course from hell. One evening I decided to pay a visit to the Guitar Center located near the Dadeland Mall. Lots of guitars n drums but what the heck happened to their bass section?? Maybe three or four fenders, a few warwicks, lower end spectors and yamahas, four higher end basses and that's it. Honestly, there was probably no more than 25 basses in the whole place. I walked out of there really depressed. Undaunted.....two nights later I shuttle it down to the Sam Ash (Dolphin Mall). I arrive at the store and was pleased to see there was at least a hundred or so guitars on the walls. The drum section was smaller but fairly well stocked. Then I walked into the bass section. I am looking around in disbelief because there were even less basses there than at Guitar Center. Two American made Fenders, two mim's, three Yamahas and a handful of others. Now I don't know if this is indicative of the selection at most GC and Sam Ash stores but if I lived in Miami, I wouldn't visit either of these stores twice.
  2. dhadleyray

dhadleyray Guest

Dec 7, 2004
    I personally think that's a sign of things to come...
  3. i go to the sam ash a little further north (up in margate) and i feel the same way. the bass section is horribly lacking. especially when it comes to the amps. they have a hell of a hartke selection, but that is about it.
  4. Sad But true, I sometimes go to guitar center. Like if I need strings in a hurry. But I mostly order from American Musical Supply. Or other online stores. The only reason I'll go to Guitar Center is to buy an amp, if I wanted a Mesa/Boogie. When Mars Music was around they had a pretty sweet bass section. But sadly theres no cool stores in miami. They are all up north.