Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GC At least 50% Off

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fetch Da bass, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Did you all get something in the mail from GC claiming that they are having a "Save Not Up To, But At Least 50%. Green Tags Mean You'll Find Savings Of 50%, 60% 70% Or More"....
    They are claiming the manufactures that they do business have to much inventory, due to the slowest economy in over a decade. Don't miss your chance for these extraordinary savings

I think they have one or two of these every year, don't they?...Everytime I go to one of these events at GC it's nothing short of nothing really marked down...maybe some scratch/dinged up stuff that they didn't to return to the manufacture. anybody smell any real bargins?????????:

Fetch!:oops:

2. David Watts

David Watts

Aug 12, 2002
    seattle
    yeah, I get these things all the time. Makes me feel so special.... I concur with your observation re: what is green tagged. Crrrrrrrrappp.

3. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Take it from a former and angry GC employee...

If it's on sale, there's something wrong with it.

(Although I hate to sound sympathetic to GC, the last sale they had, a Goliath senior went for $450 and a Megoliath went for $650. I believe it was because GC won't carry them anymore. Nothing wrong with either, so maybe you should at least scope it out)

4. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    thank god ...for... a slow economy!!!!
    YAY! finally something good comes out of bush being in office...... =D
    CHEAP STUFF AT GUITAR CENTER!!!

PD_five banger... dude you cant deny it ..we have one heck of a pres.. he gives us guitar stuff for realy cheap prices!

*note this whole thing is total sarcasm and BS*

But ehhhh.. its cool =D i wish we had a GC around here..

5. IT'S GUITAR CENTER'S WEEKLY CLEARANCE EVENT!!! THIS ONLY HAPPENS FIFTY EIGHT TIMES A YEARRRRR!!!! UNBELIEVABLE DEALS ON PEAVEY, FENDER, ROLAND, AND MORE!!!

Their radio commercials always sound like those monster truck rallies.

6. hibeam

hibeam

Oct 16, 2002
    USA
    Yeah, monster truck rallies are a good approximization. Same thing with their website...they list stuff when its normal at like 40 PCT...duhh everybody knows thats just off MSRP...then whenever they do have a sale it is like 70% off...dupes beginners on thier first purchases. I'd like a goliath for cheap, though...

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Neumann KMS 105 mic, $599 list, $300 sale. AKG C-4000B mic, $848 list, $200 sale. And, of course, this, $3,995 marked (probably more like $3,695 list), $1,500. It can happen.

[​IMG]

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Got one of these(in black) for $299, list is $1299. Some lucky person got the $2500 list USA model for $299!:eek:

[​IMG]

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I got one of these for $279 at a special sale at GC one time. Fully functional.

[​IMG]

10. Blackbird, NFW! thats sweet! I have that same bass, and I thought I got a good deal on mine.....

:) :mad: Fetch!:mad: :)
    [​IMG]

11. I am sure that not all of their sales are erroneous, but the other day I was at the GC near my place and they were having a huge Halloween sale with the whole tag schpeal (sp?) and so I look at the price of a brand new Line6 POD, which normally sell for $350, was tagged and had a price of $349. I don't know if I am mistaken but Maybe they mean like 0.5% sale, not 50% sale? Oh well, some day I will get lucky on a clearance sale. ;) :p