GC blowing out Mesa 2x10 Venture Combos???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by XPshychoticXPyr, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Anyone else see the Mesa 2x10 Venture combo for 800$? I have been to two now with this price. Are they being discountinued by mesa or just dropped by GC? Anyone know? Also what do the normally sell for 800$ seems like it may be a decent deal.

-The GAS is ever strong...
  2. Dang, someone needs to pick up one of those at that price. Very good. I got a similar deal on a Walkabout head, $499.
  3. Secondhandloser

Mar 28, 2005
    Yeah- I'm definitely crying cuz I'm out of town and can't find a GC.

Anybody know if there is one near Troy MO?
  4. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    If I remember correctly, that's about half what Mesa dictates they be sold for. They are nice combos, and I believe that Mesa now has a 2X12 version on the way.
  5. They are very nice and ya its around 1k off the usual price i believe. I once passed up a walkabout scout amp for 300-350 because i didnt know it was a good deal...

6. Thats what almost happened with the Walkabout I got. I saw it and it didnt register in my head until I saw it later that it was a really good deal.
  7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Jump on it!

Thats probably below cost and a special offer that you wont see again. I know that the Venture 2x10 isnt a normal stock piece in most stores and thus wont be found in there at any price. What most likely happened is that a customer made a special order on it and never picked it up. Since it's coded as special order the corporate office probably see's it as something that wont move and that its tying up money they could use to purchase other gear so they are blowing it out.

I got my burgandy leather and gold grille Boogie 4x12 cab for $500 (usually $1048) because of that.