1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GC call back

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by David Jayne, Oct 17, 2013.

1. I don't work for them or any other retailer.
    I just got a survey call regarding 'my recent purchase' at Guitar Center. They wanted 'on a scale of one to ten' details about my visit including how friendly and knowledgeable the staff was, pricing, why did I go there, would I go again, would I recommend etc. and then asked if I'd like to speak to 'Management' about any unresolved issues......there were none, I just bought a pickguard and set of strings, but I like that they at least appear to give a damn. Thumbs up.

2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Perhaps they're taking a nod from how Sweet Water does customer service and realize that it's time to sink or swim when it comes to competition like that.

3. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Id have said "yes, Id like to speak to Management" and then request they remove my phone number from their system.

4. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Best way to avoid that is to not give it to them. I never give my phone number out to any companies or agencies of any kind unless it's something I know need them to have. The workaround is to give a fake number. Call it first before you start giving it out so you're not inadvertently spamming an innocent bystander. I just used one of my previous phone numbers.

5. Well, I did give them my number. Refused to give my email address though. I'll be surprised if they call again. But if they do I'll do that.

6. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

+1 So far in my dealings with Sweetwater they have some of the best customer service I have experienced with any company.

7. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Someone has likely been given your previous phone numbers.
    My ex would always get phone calls from someone looking for whomever had that number before her. That guy owed someone $800.

I gave GC my number once, as the CS guy was supposed to call me when my pedal came in. He never called, and my pedal sat at the store 2 days longer than needed.

I almost bought my amp from Sweetwater, but ended up getting it cheaper as my bandleader worked at Best Buy.
    I still get random calls from, I think its, Ed at Sweetwater asking me if I need anything.

No, but thanks for asking Ed.

8. @ 10 yrs ago. Gc here in chicago land used to call your house to see how you liked your recent purchase... I used to buy stuff without telling my wife! Busted several times...

9. rhino333

rhino333 Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Western NY State
    [
    I always tell my wife what I'm getting. Of course, I tell her I'm looking at something MUCH more expensive, so I can get what I really want.

+2 to Sweetwater. Sometimes you may pay a bit more, but the service is EXCEPTIONAL. I just bought my Bongo from them (arrived yesterday). Had a bit of a problem with my payment going through, but they held on to it for me and it all worked out.

10. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I must bow to you and call you "Master" for such a brilliant strategy. :D

11. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    "Babe, for Christmas I think I want this super awesome pedal. I know its only $700, but it'll really make a huge difference in improving my sound"

:eyebrow: :rollno:

"Well, I guess I could save up and get this other branded one, it does almost the same thing, and its like $180"

:)

:bassist:

12. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    i think i would like to talk about getting hosed on used equipment, but they never call me, oh well

13. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I really hope they don't start calling me.

It took me quite a bit to get off of the Sweetwater calling list. Some might like the customer service, I just find it highly annoying and borderline telemarketing. If I want something I'll call you...

14. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    ^ Yep. Sweetwater did follow up with me with a few sporadic emails the one time I bought from them, nothing I found annoying. I did think they had pretty excellent customer service as well.

15. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    Am I the only TBer that's never been to a Guitar Center? We don't have 'em round these parts.

16. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Looks like the closest one to Erie is in Youngstown, about 78 miles away.

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I don't find the follow up calls to be annoying. I take the time to answer the questions accurately.

-Mike

18. Uncle K

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    Wow Matt, I don't know if I should be thankful or creeped out that you did the research for me.:)

19. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I needed something productive to do this morning.

I know I wouldnt make a 150+ mile round trip to hit up GC.

20. Uncle K

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA