1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GC Drops Fulltone Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Killing Floor, Jun 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
  2. Politics aside(isn’t that banned here?) he was a nasty guy to begin with.

Looks like they made the right choice.

3. He definitely could have driven his point without being offensive and could have remained neutral. Poor business choice from him.

4. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Yes, I figure it might derail into politics but it's a really interesting and timely story. There are already some artsy folks popping sites to redo the enclosure art on FT pedals.

5. Yeah, that was a great point you verbalized. That's it, really.

Aqualung60 and HolmeBass like this.
  6. millahh

millahh Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Jersey
    Free Speech

(EDIT: Embedding the image, I was trying to be cute/smartass, and it didn't land))

free_speech.png

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  7. Grahams Groove

Grahams Groove If it feels heavy, it's heavy. Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Boulder, CO
    Sorry to be lazy, but do you have links? I heard about this but haven't seen anything yet - I'm curious to see what people are doing.

Also, I've not held my tongue about Mike Fuller, and I won't now. That guy has been a d*ck-head for as long as email and the internet has been around to retell the tales of his customer 'service' debacles. Good riddance to someone who has been an a-hole to customers and fellow pedal builders. (see: Nunez Amplification, et al)

SLIV, vid1900, Aqualung60 and 9 others like this.
  8. SquareWaves

SquareWaves

Mar 16, 2011
    This.

Grahams Groove and Dynacord like this.
  9. Real Soon

Real Soon

Aug 15, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    That cat sounds like a grade A assclown.

I'm not familiar with his past antics, but the tone of the passages in that article clearly show that he gets his rocks off acting like a real bastard. Screw him and screw his pedal business.

dmt and ugly_bassplayer like this.
  10. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    Seems like the same !&#^#^#$$ dude that been there for years. He's been like that forever. This was the last draw.

Happy to see him sink

Finally karma comes full circle and bites him in the butt.

Bye bye. I sure won't miss you.

S.F.Sorrow and dmt like this.
  11. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    He claims he terminated with them on March 23rd. But if that were true, why would GC issue that statement? Seems like of like he's playing "you can't fire me, I quit".

wmmj, mcnach, PJsaure and 4 others like this.
  12. Dynacord

Dynacord

Jan 1, 2005
    vid1900 likes this.
  13. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Feb 22, 2013
    Bangkok
    Over the past few years, I have really minimized my activity on social media. I mainly use it now only for band stuff and using Messenger and the like for private communications with friends. As a regular Joe on the street, I don't really see the upside to airing my political/social views publicly.

sonojono, Ferniff, ELG60 and 10 others like this.
  14. dmt

dmt

Apr 19, 2003
    Orbiting Sol
    That guy has no class.

IME

vid1900 likes this.
  15. glocke1

glocke1 Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2002
    PA
    Wish I could comment but TB CoC forbids me from divulging what my thoughts really are.

Suffice it to say, any public comment that deviates even remotely from the the current popular narrative is an unwise move.

ELG60, n1as, bdplaid and 6 others like this.
  16. Ace Of Bass

Ace Of Bass A Rooster Illusion

Jun 27, 2006
    DC
    Wow...finally made one of these threads before the lock..!..As far as Cruz goes,
    I’m all for freedom of speech...I even really love dark humor at its best, but somethings are just incredibly insensitive and stupid to say at such a volatile time in our society...why risk your reputation over a bad joke.?

17. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    Funny that a chain of giant stores full of valuable inventory, and musicians - it's tough to find a touring band without a "we had all our gear stolen" story, wouldn't also be against "looting with impunity" and the violence and arson that goes along with it.

Certainly he could've worded it better, however he made no mention of the protests and it's understandable why a small business owner would have a passionate stance against small businesses being looted and destroyed, while the protections they pay taxes for are totally absent.

These are purely neutral common-sense observations, nothing political real, implied, or imagined, and for what it's worth I've always deliberately avoided his brand.

18. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Don’t know who first said it. But it’s true:

“Time wounds all heels.”​

wmmj, hieronymous, vid1900 and 4 others like this.
  19. That would be Achilles.

20. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbia SC
    As an ex-employee (salesperson) of GC I will gladly admit to talking many a person out of purchasing anything with the Fulltone name on it.
    There are so many better circuits out there made by better people. Glad to see this guy get his just desserts and GOOD ON GC for doing the right thing. Wish this would’ve happened sooner.

wmmj and 31HZ like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 19, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.