1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GC Drops Fulltone Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Killing Floor, Jun 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

2. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    The irony is that Mike Fuller built a business on looting everyone else's circuits and designs. He has nothing original, never has, never will. The intense projection on his part is priceless.

3. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

On the other hand he might have tried watching the news coverage. Had he done do he would have seen there’s a lot more paramilitary “protections we pay taxes for” deployed on the streets (and being used!) than the people who love to trot out that tired old meme are willing to admit. If anything we’ve been seeing a lot more so called “protection” than I’d think most rational people would deem necessary.

catcauphonic, vid1900, bmusic and 3 others like this.
  4. I’m inclined to question the intellectual honesty and wisdom of canceling folks (no matter their affiliation) who aren’t interested in having the businesses they worked hard for burned down by an angry and irrational mob. Im not sure who this Fulltone fella is, or what he’s about, but his comment regarding looting, taken at face value, is less a political statement and more of a common sense one to me. Perhaps if the chaos reaches GCs stores they will re-examine their positions regarding the difference between legitimately peaceful protest and indiscriminate rioting (not to mention what free speech is).....Then again, this guy may just be an all around abrasive arsehat.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    StayLow, wmmj, timmo97 and 3 others like this.
  5. NortyFiner

NortyFiner Drunken Sailor Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Portsmouth VA USA
    The good news is that if you want something by Fulltone -- like the OCD is still pretty popular -- there are almost certainly clones and variations available from people who aren't jerks. For example, the Joyo Ultimate Drive is a pretty decent OCD variant for a fraction of the price.

wmmj, vid1900, MartinB and 2 others like this.
  6. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    And given that the OCD is a clone of a clone of a clone, you definitely should not be paying Fulltone prices for it.

SquareWaves, wmmj, vid1900 and 3 others like this.
  7. NortyFiner

NortyFiner Drunken Sailor Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Portsmouth VA USA
    I don't know the OCD's lineage. Please explain?

8. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    So, the lineage starts with the DOD 250 and MXR Distortion+ which are almost identical. Then came the Voodoo OD which just has a few mods, and that was the basis for the OCD, which is just a few mods on that.

The OCD, which is one of Fulltone's flagship, is basically a clone with a few insignificant mods.

catcauphonic, wmmj, vid1900 and 7 others like this.
  9. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    Isnt it great that he gave a lot of &%$^* to people who where “inspired” by his stuff when he himself did it.

Again......bye bye Fulltone......I won’t miss you......don’t let the door hit you in the ^&^*% on the way out.

vid1900, dmt and Dynacord like this.
  10. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    The dude has claimed he invented true bypass before. That means he claims he invented soldering a wire to switch terminals. Pretty sure people were doing that since the discovery of electricity.

11. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    His douche-ta-cu-lar actions never cease to amaze me. How he stayed in bizzness for so long is a true mystery to me.

He even sought legal action against a TB member for making an accurate (one pedal...
    Not a series....) clone and sharing on his huge page of OD pedals. How pathetic is that.

catcauphonic likes this.
  12. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    It's the nature of the music gear industry. TONS of companies with very flexible ethics pillage their way to the top. Fulltone is not the only company like this. But, here's the GOOD news. There are also TONS of really cool, good, ethical companies that MAKE MUCH BETTER stuff than companies like Fulltone. You can buy from them and encourage them.

13. He needs to realize there was a Supreme Court decision that police do not have to protect people or property; their mission is to enforce the law. They might arrest the looters and arsonists yet, and when they do, their job will have been done.

As for his pedals, none have survived on my board, although the OCD and the Mosfet BassDriv were pretty good, solid “B” performers. Both lost too much low end for my taste.

14. He has always been known as a total jerk among people in the effects industry. Good riddance I hope he goes out of business from this.

dmt, cataract and ugly_bassplayer like this.
  15. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I don't know anything about him and would like to read at least one of those comments...any links?

16. drumvsbass

drumvsbass

Aug 20, 2011
    Winnipeg
    Freedom of speech, gives me freedom to put my money elsewhere.

J_Bass, nshuman and ugly_bassplayer like this.
  17. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    Ya....ethics and business are always a paradox.

I admit I'm guitly of buying some joyo clones. Other than that.....I'm not that bad.
    ;)

So I'm not on the soapbox being holier than thou.

18. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    ugly_bassplayer and cnltb like this.
  19. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    Free speech applies to federal government (specifically Congressional) action against individual free expression and does not apply to companies like Fender.
    What GC is doing is actually an act of economic freedom and not an infringement on anyone’s rights.

20. Grahams Groove

Grahams Groove If it feels heavy, it's heavy. Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Boulder, CO
    There's also a facebook page - which he does not run. It's a fulltone fan page that's been around a long time. The person who runs that started posting screen shots of the comments that were sent to him. Fuller's responses are just an unwieldy fire-hose of anger. So don't expect much of it to make sense.

Also - regardless of where you align with his politics, he clearly does not know how to interact with people in any sort of normal or healthy manner.

kranahan, cnltb and nshuman like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.