1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GC Highway One P $599

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by RIjake, Mar 6, 2008.

1. RIjake

RIjake

Nov 10, 2007
    New England
    I've wanted an American P bass for a while. I wanted to round out my all American made gear (GK 400RB-IV, Avatar Neo 2x10). I didn't want to drop a grand on a new bass. I liked what I was reading about the Highway One series. I was getting quotes from $749 to $799. I wound up at GC with my trade and was ready to spend $799. The kid who was ringing me up was fumbling his way through the paperwork and typing in the computer to have one shipped from Fender to the store. He wanted to ship it directly to my house. I told him that I wanted to pick it up at the store. Anyway I'm just about to hand him the plastic and he goes...."wait a minute, let me just check one thing" type, type, type. "Oh yeah I can do this for $599" I says, check the part number, is this the right one? Yep. :hyper: $599 less my trade and plus tax.
    So we'll see in a week or so when it comes in. I've never seen a Highway One this cheap. Don't know if anyone else has, so I figgered I'd pass it along.
    Later

2. ko stradivarius

ko stradivarius

Aug 14, 2006
    St. Louis
    Thats pretty good. I picked up my H1 jazz for $650 with a hard case.

3. That's pretty good for new, but I've seen American (not highway one) for $600 or so.

4. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Can someone clear that up for me, besides the Nitro finish, aren't the Highway One basses MIM's assembled in the USA?

5. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Not necessarily. Besides the finish, there's a BadAss II bridge, a graphite reinforced neck, narrower neck than a P, but not as narrow as a J. Unsure on the wood cut and pickups.

6. ninerfan

ninerfan

May 28, 2006
    North San Diego
    $604 O.T.D. for my MIA P @ GC. (no case).

7. sublimestylee

sublimestylee

Aug 26, 2007
    Seattle, Wa
    thats a steal :bassist:

8. BTD

BTD

Mar 10, 2008
    I got my Hwy 1 Jazz last July for 599 when I saw an instore flyer...the salesman never mentioned it when I had the bass in my hand. Either he didn't know (not a well-informed sales rep) or hoped I'd buy it at tag price without knowing the special deal. Anyway, I had to pay another 40 for a gig bag, plus rediculous Cleveland rate sales tax so it ended up almost 700 out the door.

As far as the bass goes...I LOVE it. The BadAss means you don't have to mess with changing the bridge from the cheap factory Fender junk, and the power and tone variety means I don't have to rush to change any electronics unless I want to. The "factory" setup was lousy, too, so I lowered that. The only other thing I may do is have the frets trimmed as they are pretty tall compared to my old Charvel and my pair of 70's Telecaster basses. I want to find another Jazz with lower frets to try before I do that though. The finish is already getting pretty glossy where it's handled while playing...which I like as well. I expect it to wear all the way thru in relatively short time. It will be my mainstay bass for awhile.