Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GC is moving their Detroit store to where?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by whatsinaname, Jan 6, 2005.

1. I got a postcard from GC regarding moving their Detroit (Roseville, actually) store .
    "Deep Discounts-Everthing Must Go"
    yadda yadda, whatever. But they don't say where they will be relocating. Anyone got a clue?

2. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    No, I'll find out from some of my buddies in the Canton store and fill you in.

3. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    That explains it. I had to go into that crappy store to buy some strings the other day and everythere was being cleared out. I thought they were just moving some things around.

4. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Do you guys like that bass store in Ferndale? I go to Detroit once or twice a year and I always say I'm going to check it out but I never do. It sounds like they have better gear than GC anyway.

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    A cool, friendly staff, great gear. Yep, I like Low Down Sound in Ferndale.

6. without a doubt, it's a better store, for bass, than GC.
    It's just that GC is a more convienient location if I need something quick-like. I'm also partial to Huber & Breese in
    Roseville.

7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Yes, they are very helpful. I got my rig there, and they helped me sell my old Ibanez Bass there. Very nice gear.

8. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    So am I. They don't have a huge selection of guitars and basses, but they are a more "professional" store then any GC. Any thing you want i'm sure they could hook it up for you. People there seem to be friendly and they seem to actually know what they are talking about.

9. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I used to take lessons from a player at Huber and Breeze. But he soon left and he continued to teach me and many others at his home. I learned a lot from him on BG and double bass. Amazing player!!!! Some of you guys might know him, Rich Kowalewski. I hope I'm not misspelling your last name Rich if you are out there!

10. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I just got the scoop. My friend at the GC in Canton said that store is just moving one mile down the road to a different location. He didn't know why, assumed it was a better and bigger building.

11. mobax

mobax Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2002
    New Baltimore, MI
    Another vote for Low Down Sound. The GC in Roseville is (was?) very cheesy.