Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GC Labor Day Sale?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Minger, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Anybody think this is worth going to? Kinda liekt he memorial day sale...in which someone here got 2 bongos for 500 each...

hm, I may drop by and see if theres anythin like that at mine...but I doubt it.

2. You won't know unless you go.

If you're looking to buy or just have an itch to buy something it's worth checking out. If they have something they are trying to get rid of, more than likely it will be a deal. Right place, right time situation I guess. It's still hit or miss depending on what you are looking for.

3. Go early. Granted when they say "no camping out" before a certain time, they're joking, but the earlier you get there, the better deals you can get. It might be easier to talk to the salespeople since they havn't had their coffee yet.

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Doesn't GC always have a sale?

5. lefty

lefty

Sep 25, 2004
    yeah man they`re allways having a sale! it cracks me up! i had a friend come up to me a looong time ago and seriously say to me "hey, did you hear gc is having a sale this weeked. man i about fell down laughing. it`s a pretty good joke, i still use it. if i happen to hear the commertial and a musician is around i tell `em hey man, guitar center is having a sale and they say really, yeah this weekend only---stratocasters only 199.00 marshall amps blah blah blah. you can`t miss this one!

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I got my SWR 210C combo for $550 @ GC ($899 tag, $1200 MSRP). My Ray was $900 ($1100 tag). My Jazz 24 was $580 ($699 tag). But you're right, none of these things were on sale. I just happened to ask nicely :)

For some reason, those GC guys also keep giving me free D'Ada strings.

7. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    heh, if you don't want the strings I'll take em off your hands, lol.

O well, didn't bother going...instead, went to work for 6.5 hours to make what? 47 bucks? And thats before tax...yawn