Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GC -- New Brunswick, NJ... Fun Day!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by James Hart, May 31, 2004.

1. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Well... My singer desided to bite the bullet and get himself a PA system and wanted me topiece it together for him :mad: @ 8am Memorial Day morning :eek: (he picked me up @ 6:45am)

I know I know... basses, why is this in Basses :bassist:

After getting him a pair of JBL 2 way 12", stands, QSC RMX2450 or some such.... Yamaha 16 channel mixer, etc etc etc... I disappeared to the bass room!!!!

I played a nice used Roscoe 5 (little body one) that had great Bart thickness and a skinny little neck, but a BAD headstock repair... poor bass, it played and looked well otherwise

I played a Bongo 5 dual humbucker, Nice bass!!!

I played a couple Stingray 5.... the metallic orange one wanted to come home with me... I think I broke it's heart when I put it back.

MIM Ash fender 4... I repeat... MIM ash fender 4! My new recommendation for newbie & students (yeah, like I've had any in 10 years :rolleyes: ).

Way expensive, Way Cool "interchanging fingerboard" Alembic

Mmmmm $6000 60's Jazz (mojo is cool, but $6k... no thanks)

Played the Natural OLP ray 5... for $250, that might be a killer beater to leave @ the singers

Warwick Bolt neck thumb 5 & the Spector copy thing.... ummm, my mamma said If I can't talk nice, just leave it be

Moving on...

I played most through the new Fender Pro combos...not bad, I didn't look at the tags, but sounded good

it did feel nice to come home and play my Benies through my Ashdown :bassist:

2. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i picked up a QSC 1450 for $350 at my local GC. woo-hoo...just needs some cabs to go with it now.

Almost walked out with a BBE 482i for $79 but they messed up the price on it and caught it before they could ring me up. :(

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Cool! We walked out $1500 poorer but able to play a couple coffee house gigs we have lined up without renting a PA. :bassist: