1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GC problems, need advice

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Leftybass12, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Leftybass12

Leftybass12

Nov 14, 2008
    So I've been frustrated with GC for a while now, as many people are. Two weeks ago I wanted to get a quote on a bass guitar, particularly an Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray HH bass 4 string or 5 string, I don't know yet, probably a 4 string though. I know that it is going to around $1500 'cause I looked on their website on the average price of the EB MM basses. Here's the problem, I play lefty and I need to special order. I've tried to tell their customer service reps that I just need to get in contact with the special orders department by PHONE NOT E-MAIL, so I can get an quote for a left handed EB MM bass. I still get the same thing "Well you can e-mail our speical order dept." I do and it seems that they do not recognize the LEFT HANDED in the e-mail. What the hell can I do?? I am almost half tempted to just order straight from Ernie Ball.

2. Thankful birds

Thankful birds

Jun 17, 2008
    Phoenix
  3. Have you tried emailing them and specifically asking for a quote on a left-hand bass? That would take all of 90 seconds....

4. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
  5. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Do not do business with GC. Period. There are MANY other vendors out there.

And keep your eyes open on the used market - you never know what you might find.

Lastly, consider something different. For that price, you can get a lefty Carvin SB5000 with dual humbuckers and beautiful top-wood - exactly the way you want it.

6. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    shop somewhere else! There are probably 50 shops on the west coast that will quote you over the phone. Or. Call Elderly Instruments . In these times, it is so darn easy to buy a bass.

G

7. MonkeyBass

MonkeyBass

Mar 22, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Why would anybody shop at GC!?!?!

8. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    Look, if you think you gotta special order what you want, then you're not looking for a specific individual instrument. That means any authorized dealer who wants your business will be able to supply what you want. Obviously GC doesn't value your business enough to grok what you want to do. So, contact Bass Northwest, Bass Central, or Elderly Instruments (I listed them only because I've dealt with each of them and feel comfortable recommending them). They'll not only understand what you're trying to accomplish, but they'll HELP you.

GC is the Wal-Mart of the music biz. They only make money because they've eliminated the concepts of customer service, product knowledge, and follow-through from the business model.

John

9. Leftybass12

Leftybass12

Nov 14, 2008
    Wow, thank you all very much for the recommendations, especially the basscentral site. You're all right, there are a bunch of other vendors out there. It's just that I'm on the west side of Cleveland and I really cannot find any other vendors, besides the mom and pop shops i go to, in the Cleveland area, east or west side, and those shops almost have no lefty guitars, let alone basses.

10. And just what did you expect from G.C. ?
    Certainly not excellent customer service.

11. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    I stop in every now and then for deals. I got a Squier VM FL for $90 new because it was a floor model.

If I'm looking for something specific, I'll go to a vendor with a CS department of higher evolutionary order than primordial ooze.

12. Leftybass12

Leftybass12

Nov 14, 2008
  13. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Cool! Just tryin' to help a brotha out... :D

14. Lichtaffen

Lichtaffen

Sep 29, 2008
    Rhode Island
    I'll recommend Bass Central also. They were great over the phone and I was very happy with my purchase. Just make sure to put an hour aside because the rep I spoke to really liked to talk. Nice guy though and gave me free 2 day shipping and a free pack of Rotosound strings.

The last time I went to the bass department at GC, I asked one of the 'toddlers' who worked there why they don't have more of a selection for bass products. His response was "because they don't sell much bass stuff". I would imagine it must be difficult to sell something you DON'T have in stock. God, I wish there was a specialized bass store in the southern New England area.