1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GC Score! (60s J-Bass)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tdizzle, May 21, 2011.

1. tdizzle

tdizzle

Aug 3, 2009
    Detroit, MI
    I went out to buy a TV, found a nice one for $280. I was ready to buy, but figured I should go to a nearby GC to see what they had before I drop the cash. Didn't expect to find anything, but the first thing I saw was this used MIM 60s Jazz Bass marked at $280. Well, I don't have the TV.

It had been spray painted white, but I don't give a d*mn. It's lightweight (8 to 8.5 pounds), sounds FANTASTIC and after some adjustment, it plays great. $280 out of the door. Now I don't have to spend $1500 on the AV 62RI, and I have a mate for my Highway One.

DSCN2965.
    2001-2002 production date, vintage tint neck, reverse tuners.

2. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    i would call that a Perfect Purchase!!! i love when it's meant to be,... enjoy.

3. looks ok - bet it'll look great from the audience too! nice score ...

4. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

Mar 3, 2010
    TX
    Nice. That will come off easy, too, probably, a sponge and some mild solvent will get you the original finish.

5. tdizzle

tdizzle

Aug 3, 2009
    Detroit, MI
    To make it even better, the bass had only been there for a matter of minutes before I got there.

6. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I wouldn't scrub off the mojo.