1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GC string score!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by voodoobassist, Sep 26, 2009.

1. voodoobassist

voodoobassist Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    Stopped in my local GC today and was glad I did! They had a box of single bass strings for...... $1.00 each! I started going through the box and found mostly D'addario's. Digging a little further, I put together 4 sets of 5 string long scale nickel wounds! Total cost after tax was $21.70! :hyper: The manager said he thought they had some more in the back, so I'm heading back tomorrow to pick up any others they may have. 5 bucks a set, I don't think in my 30 some years of playing I've ever spent that little on a set of strings!:smug:

2. Fetzu

Fetzu

Sep 6, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Definately something to be excited about. Good score.
    A few years back at their Labor Day sale, they had EB Slinkys for $6 a set. I am still finishing those up.

3. rhapbus

rhapbus

Feb 28, 2009
    Very nice. Was it just like a box full of random strings?

4. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    2 years ago they were blowing out blue DR's I think I got them for $10 a set. Good deal for decent strings. I personally am not really into colored strings.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Say that fast five times.

6. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Least amount I've ever spent was 65 cents a set. Might've been less. :p

7. amroach

amroach

Feb 11, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    cheapest set ever... £14, i feel robbed.

8. That is a nice score!

9. Boostedrex

Boostedrex

Feb 24, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Very nice. My local GC was doing a special on strings too this weekend. I went in to pick up my new 'Wick and they had a box full of string sets sitting there. I asked what they were and the guy said they were doing a special on them and to pick out a set that I'd like. So I snagged a set of Dean Markley Alchemy strings for the bargain price of FREE! :) I was stoked. Good score on your sets too. $1 per string is a smokin' deal no matter how you cut it.