1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GC used deal: Modulus Sweet Spot 5 for $599.99

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by p k, May 12, 2011.

1. p k

p k Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Hahira, GA
    Check it out. Looks to be a great deal.

2. Neck has a major bow. Just called. Said they have had a ton of calls on it and that the action is super high and can't be adjusted.

3. p k

p k Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Hahira, GA
    Bummer, I was hoping someone was about to get an amazing deal.

4. It has a front bow too...which is horrible.

New neck from Modulus is going to be at least $1,000 on a Q5. Priced one a few years ago.

5. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    The luthier I work with can do wonders with that neck. You just have to know someone who can work on it. That bass has been there for a long time!

6. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    She is mine!

7. Keep in mind that that's not a wood neck man.

8. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    If you check my avitar, you will see a Bassstar neck through with no truss. Thing was a mess when I bought it. My luthier guy did an amazing job with it and it plays like butta!

9. I figured you knew what you were getting into, just wanted to be sure. Good luck with that thing man, it's a steal if you get it playing well for not too much.

10. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I actually made an offer and got it for less than what they were asking. I can't wait to get it... Did not want another 5'er, but it really looks cool and I know I can get it up and running perfectly, so I may have a Fender 5'er for sale here soon!

11. What was your final price? I was waiting on them to call me back and give me the dimensions of the action on the 1st, 12th, and 24th.

12. p k

p k Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Hahira, GA
    I hope it works out well! I am having a lot of fun hunting for stuff in their used section. Picked up a markbass compressore for $89 last night.

13. Please pm me before you put your fender up f/s.

14. Called about it and wanted to think it over for a day before i jumped which was a mistake i guess. Good luck and i hope you can fix the neck

15. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    So they finally cleared it out after 2 years!!!
    Good score.
    Piccolo strings and an octave pedal and it's fixed :D

16. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Hell no! Defret, level and plane the board, refret and adjust the bridge. That is what the plan is! The guy I use to do all my bass work is amazing!

17. linken4000

linken4000 Supporting Member

May 4, 2010
    Minnesota
    Modulus gave me the quote around 320 bucks, but for 600+320 is still a big score. :cool::cool:

18. iriegnome

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    OMG. Did they way get this one wrong. It plays nice. Needs a set up. Needs maybe a fret dressing, but other than it is really in great shape

19. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    :D:D:D