1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GC Used, nationwide good deals!!!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by rojo412, May 16, 2011.

1. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Just flipping through the used GC listings and seeing some interesting finds. Not for me, but TB people may be interested...

G&L L2000 w case (USA) - $629, Pittsburgh, PA (ebony board?)

[​IMG]

Peavey Cirrus 5 string USA (I believe) - $549, Bridgeton, MO

[​IMG]

Peavey TL 5 USA - $449, Lancaster, PA

[​IMG]

[del]Fender Geddy - $399, North Dallas, TX (no pic)[/del]

Fender Dlx P Burst - $199, Peoria, IL (no pic, may be a Squier, but if not... WOOO!)

Peavey Foundation 4 str - $149, Indianapolis, IN and Oxnard, CA (US made, I think)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Squier P bass 5 - $124, Joliet, IL (I love these!!! Great price.)

Squier VM Jazz - $149, West Palm Beach, FL

I don't work there, I just check stuff out frequently, so if you are on the hunt for some decent deals, these are what I saw in the "Just Arrived" section that I'd buy if I were in the market for such basses.

2. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Do those stars actually mean anything? :confused:

3. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Yes... I'm sure someone knows what they mean :eyebrow:

4. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

I've asked before, nobody knows what the stars mean

5. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I think they are supposed to reflect the condition of the instrument.
    I've seen 4 star stuff that was beat to hell and 2 star stuff that looked new, though, so it's in the eye of the gear-lister.

6. They would have a much easier time selling their used stuff if they posted at least a few GOOD pics of the gear...and explained the condition. When I called on the Modulus the other day from the other thread the guy was kind of pissed to field another call on it...WELL THEN JUST EXPLAIN IT HAS A WARPED NECK IN THE DESCRIPTION.

Work smarter, not harder.

7. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Shhh, you're telling all the TB lurkers (non-members) about them, too.

8. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

That's what I thought also, but when I asked I was told no.

9. Tmw2011

Tmw2011

Feb 23, 2011
    Edmond, OK
    +1000

Their 'descriptions' are about useless and pretty much a waste of time. If they took 5 minutes to write some info up it would answer a lot of questions, and heck, likely get the product sold faster, if it's not been mulched. But from my GC experiences, it looks like the 'sales' people (at least in the Tulsa GC) are too busy hanging out in small clusters with each other, unwilling to make eye contact, except for the person at the door checking bags & gear in and out for people coming and going.

Music-Go-Round is slightly better, occasionally, with their web-based descriptions, but Daddy's is just as bad as GC.

I don't expect Tolstoy-esque wordiness or full spreads like a lot of the sellers do for their eBay sales, but it would be nice to have an idea of wth they're trying to sell (Is that black or dark blue or midnight wine?) Eeesh, half the time you can't even tell what the FB is with the craptasmic pics....:eyebrow:

10. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Just a tip for phone orders:

Ask to be dealt with by the Ops Manager. They are the guys that make sure things are done correctly.
    May not always work, but you're better off than you would be with "Stoney Mc First Job" at the credit card helm...

Meanwhile, spotted this tonight

Fender MIJ Jazz - $399 Pittsburgh, PA

[​IMG]

11. That MIJ jazz is sweet and well worth that , thats a 84-87 E series.

12. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I think this is a "Cowpoke"...?

[​IMG]

$199 - Peoria, IL

13. Fuzzbassr

Fuzzbassr

Mar 18, 2011
    Anybody looking for a steal on a Boss oc3 octave there is a Mass GC that had one for $19.99 that I spotted this morning... Good octave great price

14. asands

asands Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    That cirrus in bridgeton is really rough, I played it last week and it's beat up. The headstock has two large cracks running down the back, big gouges, etc. They did have a 55-01 that was a fair price but even that was sitting on the floor with a snapped string.