1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GC? Your coupons are too funny for words.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 40Hz, Dec 6, 2018.

1. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Have you all got a coupon from GC in your e-mail yet?

I know this has come up before. But it still amazes me that GC keeps wasting bandwidth sending out such blatantly useless coupons as theirs. Exclusions apply? Seriously? You list just about every company name you carry as not participating. (See full text below.)

G-Dog likes this.
  2. GBBSbassist

GBBSbassist I actually play more guitar... Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Chicago
    Yeah, it's a bit annoying that there are so many exclusions. However, I don't see DR listed (unless I'm confused and they're part of another company), so if anyone uses DR strings and needs some last minute, it might be worth a look through your emails really quick before purchase.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Part of their deal with a lot of manufacturers includes not listing their items below a certain price point on their site. That’s why they press you to call them so much- they can offer you a discount on a lot of those brands, but only over the phone.

GregC, kobass and ELG60 like this.
  4. Badwater

Badwater

Jan 12, 2017
    I use Sam Ash, they match the price of GC and MF. And sometimes go lower.

5. juancaminos

juancaminos Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    USA, Phoenix, AZ
    What? The onlt purchases I make at GC are when I get the rare 20% off coupon via email. Other that than I never buy from them.