G'day from FNQ Oz

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by cliffrogersau, Jul 14, 2020.

1. G'day.

Cliff Rogers from Minbun, (In the hills behind Cairns) FNQ Australia.

Guitar Tragic, Defence force trained electronics tech, Ex Computer Tech, now work casual in retail a couple of days a week.

Been playing guitar for 49 years.
    I bought a Bass 18 years ago & got disheartened by not being able to play it instantly.
    Picked it up again in 2014, got out a couple of books & started practicing every night for about 20 minutes.

I'm not as good with the Bass as I am with a Guitar but I am now enjoying it.

I have a Yamaha RBX760A 4 string Active & a Fender Aerodyne 4 PJ.

I have more hobbies than I can do justice to but it keeps me out of the pub.

I am a woodworker and have tried several different areas of the hobby, now interested in building instruments.
    I have modified a few, can do my own set ups & soldering, put together a couple of partcasters, have some prefab kits & a stack of timber, tools, templates & plans to have a go a scratch build.
    I stumbled in here looking for T-bird plans & found the Thunderbird Club.

I saw a 5 String "Precision SG Bass" that also looked good to me but I am still looking for ideas.

Life is just a leap of faith
    Spread your arms and hold your breath
    Always trust your cape

68Tele-Bass likes this.
  2. Malcolm35

Malcolm35

Aug 7, 2018
    Always trust your cape. Going to use that! Welcome.

cliffrogersau likes this.
  3. Welcome from Arizona!!
    T-Bird sounds like a fun project for someone with the skills you have!!
    Looking forward to following your progress! Carl

cliffrogersau likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021