Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gear blowout: Peavey Grind NTB & Fretless Peavey Millennium BXP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Vox Populi, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I guess it's nowhere near as glorious as other TBer's "gear blowouts," but anyway.

I have two basses for sale here. I'm getting a new bass in next week, and I'm just not going to be using these.

1) Peavey Grind NTB 4 -- Great condition, great player, looks amazing. It's sound has been complimented by jazz players, especially when playing chords. The pickup routs will fit any EMG-40 sized pickup if you wished to upgrade. That includes some Barts and Dingwalls.

GRIND SOLD

[​IMG]

2) Peavey Millennium BXP (fretless) -- This was my first bass. When I bought the Grind I tried to sell this bass locally with no luck. So I de-fretted it, and just never filled in the fretlines. It's in ok condition, actually sounds pretty good. Somehow all the screws are missing from the control cavity cover (I think my little brother took them out, he's a meddling guitar player), so it's not on, but will be included. There are a few minor dings here and there. And of course, just need to re-state that the frets are not filled in.

Millennium SOLD

[​IMG]

2. Specialized Vegas BMX/jumping bike for the Grind? :)

3. Vox Populi

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    Sorry man, not a BMXer. Hehe.

4. markowens1234

markowens1234

May 2, 2004
    I'm semi-interested in the millenium. I need a fretless to kick around on/learn on. I'm going to do a little research on them, check out the price new, then I will PM you an offer. It would be easier if you could provide a general price range, but if not, then no worries. I will pm you/post back a little later tonight! Thanks.

5. Vox Populi

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    Price range? Cheap. Like, really cheap. I mean, it plays well and actually sounds surprisingly good for a bass in that price range ($219 new, or whatever they're selling for). But I haven't filled the fretlines, it needs new strings, and the screws are missing from the back control cover. So I wouldn't be charging much. ;)

6. bassinstincts

bassinstincts

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    Weight on the Grind? And can you be more specific about the condition of the bass--dings etc. Looks great.

7. Vox Populi

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    Grind weighs about 8 pounds, according to my scale. It's in great condition. There's some light scratches on the plastic control cavity cover, and a couple of very minor dings on the headstock. ut that's it. It has kind of a satin finish, and dings/scratches just don't show up on it like they would on a gloss finished bass.

8. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Would you take an Ibanez EDB600 for your grind?

9. bassist4christ

bassist4christ Banned

May 26, 2005
    I'll take the grind with cash money in hand. Pm me so I can get payment details.

10. Vox Populi

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    Grind is sold.

Possible deal pending on the Millennium.

I think that's the most interest I've had when selling here. :smug:

11. dustklose

dustklose

Feb 5, 2005
    North Dakota
    how much specifically for the millenium??? what price does the current deal guy offering??

12. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    I'll give ya 50$ for the milloonium

13. Vox Populi

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA