1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gear Box

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by skidrawk, Jun 4, 2011.

1. skidrawk

skidrawk

Jan 21, 2007
    Space City, TX
    What does everyone use for toting miscellanious gear? I use a plastic tote and throw everything in there after the gig. But when I unpack I have this big mess of spiderwebs. I have several harmonicas, cables, a slide, picks, pedals, power adapters, batteries, mini stands, capo, gaff tape, cables, strings, audio adapters, tools, microphones, cables, ext. cords, power strips, mic clips, etc that all fit in there.

How does everyone organize their gear on the road?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I've seen heavy duty ziploc bags used to keep coiled up cords from tangling.

I am contemplating my portable storage for gigs needs ATM too.

3. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I have a big black sack. My sack must weigh 40 lbs when it's fully loaded. I have everything from picks to tuners, to batteries, to a fresh change of underwear in my sack.

4. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Brand Identity & Development, GHS Strings, Innovation Double Bass Strings, Rocktron
    For years I used a toolbox and that works alright. Then I was on that "I'll shove all of my stuff into one of those gigbags that has a million pockets" kick, but when you're already carrying two 6 strings, gigbags tend to get really heavy.

I've been using an old messenger style bag (it's embroidered with "mp3.com" so that should date the bag...and myself) as of late, and it's okay. It's the direction I'd like to go, but I'm not completely there yet.

I'm looking into something new myself, and have come across either the Access PFX-1 bag, or wait to see what the Stadium bag from Gruv Gear will be like.

5. Thumpin_P

Thumpin_P

Nov 26, 2006
    Limestone, TN
    Only Phalex would come up with something like this.....

6. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

May 20, 2005
    Norman, OK, USA
    I use a range bag.

7. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

:). Heh, heh. Always something good from Phalex.

I put my gear in a Wenger Swissgear Synergy backpack which has many pockets and keeps it all organized. Then the backpack goes into my box stand with some lights for transport to the gig. At the gig, I flip the box upside down and it becomes a stand to raise my cab/amp (with a power strip on it) and the backpack goes in the space underneath it.

d729c2cf.

I also use Velcro ties to keep my cords coiled and from getting tangled. I hate untangling cords at gigs.