Gear for Sale/Genz Benz/Treker

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by lalito39, Mar 6, 2003.

1. I have the following gear for sale, seperately or together for a further discount. Purcheser pays all real shipping charges.

Genz Benz - Live Series 2x10T - $200.00 (1 year old)

Treker Louis Johnson Signiture 5 with the Famous Treker Floating Neck (See website) - $300.00 (Purchased in 1993 for $900.00)

Thanks for looking and God Bless.
  2. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    You got any pics of the bass?
  3. Slam,

I don't have any digital shots of the bass or the cab at the moment, but I will have some in the next day or two; I'll post them as soon as I have them.
  4. Here you go everybody, I hope these pictures give you an idea of the gear.
  5. This one is the Genz Benz!
  6. what details do you have on the treker? Scale length, nut width, make of pickups, passive/active electronics, etc.?
  7. Honestly, I don't have that information. I know it is a long scale 24-fret bass and it has an active/passive switch, but as to the nut width and the pickups I'm not certain. I know that sounds terrible but when I originally bought this bass (probably 8-10 years ago) I wasn't concerned with those aspects of instruments. I have called and left a message to have them fax me all the specs but I don't have them yet. I believe you could contact the luthier, Dan Bunker, (of Treker Guitars, which is now Bunker Guitars) and he may be able to fill in the blanks for you.
  8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000

I've sent you a couple e-mails regarding the bass but I find the long waits for a reply discouraging.

Please let me know if you're serious about selling the bass or not. Thanks.

9. Hi Blackbird,

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be evasive. I placed the post because of dire financial circumstances, however, it seems that we have overcome the hardship and, since I didn't receive any bites on the gear when I initially placed the adds, I have begun to rethink selling the bass. If you give me the weekend to think it over I'll give you a definitive answer on Monday evening. That's the best I can do. Again I apologize for any angst I may have caused you.

P.S.I am still interested in selling the Genz Benz!
  10. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    No prob.

Take your time.