Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gear modified by pets.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 59jazz, Jan 21, 2006.

1. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

The newest member of our family, Elvis (rat terrier), has taken interest in our family room couch. He has also chewed holes in other pieces of furniture, pillows and shoes. The other day I caught him sniffing my P-Bass in my bedroom, where he is NOT allowed.........thanks Honey! I'm very patient when it comes to animals, but If he chewd on my Berg, I may consider sporting a new brown and white fur strap:smug:
    Any of you have pet vs. gear stories?

2. That's why I only have birds! Haha that's an amazing pic.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    My ex-roommate's cat used to chew on all my bass and computer network cables.

4. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i have a fish.

5. Theonestarchild

Theonestarchild Artfully lost

Aug 23, 2005
    North Carolina
    I have a cat. He only stays in my bedroom with all my gear. He LOVES to sit on the back of the amp near the fans blowing out the air when I'm playing. He likes the vibes too I think.

6. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Luckily, our two cats have shown no interest in my FBB. However, the tiger cat loves to use speaker cabs as scratching posts. He is getting better about it, though.

Attached Files:

7. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Our black cat likes to lean up against a cab while I am practicing. I'm pretty sure that I caught him bobbing his head a few times. :)

8. I'm glad my amp is entirely covered in tolex... my drummer's cat tends to enjoy carpet-covered amps.

9. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    My dog leaves my gear alone. The only problem is her hair. Her bed is right next to my rig and the carpet covered cabs are always covered in hair. Luckily there's an invention called the lint brush :p

10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    my cats never showed any interest in my basses or amp, nor did they ever want to stick around once i started playing--even without plugging in!

11. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

That's cool!

I used to have cats.......years ago, one of them enjoyed lying in my Fender case, the other one I found nesting in the back of my open back Vox 2x12 cab. My former harp player, forgot to close his case one night; 30 harps and 2 vintage bullet mics. His wife's cat pissed inside the case:bawl: Fortunately, he was able to clean all the reeds and casings, no scent on the harps (or taste, yuk!:eek: )....he did have to junk the case though.

12. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    I mostly have Golden Retriever hair all over my carpeted cabs.

Years ago, my cat peed all over the zipper of a URB bag...it kinda corroded besides smelling.

13. I walked in my practice room to find one of my cats using the front of my sunn cab as a scratching post. But a quick tumble in the dryer fixed that real quick.;)

Just kinding.

14. I took my head out of my 4 space (and otherwise empty) rack the other day, and came back to find my cat curled up in it. :rolleyes:

They'll get right up in anything.

They're scared of my playing, though. Even unamplified :( Probably because it sounds so good - it's SCARY! ;)

15. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Our cat doesn't mess with my equipment, and our lizard just mostly stays in his terrarium (and he's not big enough to cause damage), so, so far so good.

My old guitarist's cat would always curl up and sleep in one of my open bass cases whenever I was over at his place jamming. That cat is probably long dead (this was about 10 years ago and he was an older cat), but his fur lives on in that one case in particular. I can't seem to get it all out!