Gear Question

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by thewanderer24, Nov 7, 2002.

1. thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    Hi Mike,

First, let me just say taking the time out of your crazy schedule to talk to us people in talkbass land. We really appreciate it. I know I am not just speaking for myself.

Your playing was a big influence in my development as a bass player (lots of development to go). You have given me loads of ideas through the years on how to express my ideas through the bass.

Anyway, I actually did have a question. Let me preface this by saying that I am as far from a gear head as there is in the bass world. This is really a curiousity question - i have no desire to copy.

Ragin' full on is the one album that i can point to that really made me wanna be a bass player. To this day, I always point people to that album for what bass is supposed to sound like.

What bass and amp rig setup did you use to record that beast of a record? The tone on there has always blown me away.

Thanks and rock on Mike!!!
  2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

thanks much for the kind words.

I didn't use an amp for fIREHOSE's "ragin' full-on" - I went direct, straight out of the bass and into the board. my tele bass had a p-j emg pickup setup.

on bass, watt