GEAR TALK | Sire Marcus Miller P5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jan Dawnson, Dec 14, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Jan Dawnson

Jan Dawnson

Dec 6, 2021
    Been looking hard at a P5 for my next bass acquisition. Weighing it against a Bruce Thomas Profile p-bass from the UK, but Sire is driving a hard bargain with this one. Also they work in volleys of instruments so they preserve quality over quantity.

Any thoughts to Marcus Miller P5? Need your opinion or thoughts!

More reviews:

alrubin and bholder like this.
  2. acubass

acubass

Oct 10, 2007
    Albuquerque, NM
    I don’t have an opinion on one yet BC they are currently unavailable. I really wish they would have used the jazz bass profile neck or….on the P7 put the split coil in the P pickup position. But I’m definitely going to get one as soon as they are available again.

Jan Dawnson likes this.
  3. squeally dan

squeally dan

Mar 30, 2008
    Looking for opinions of the P5. Worth it. How does it compare to Fender Player Series?

4. Best steal at the moment. Far better than the Fender Player Series. If you don’t mind the Sire headstock, it’s a no brainer IMO.
    I changed the Pickups and put LaBellas on it. Super fine bass for less money.
    14A30DDE-63E5-41DD-AF54-D3855F3A33CB.jpeg

roccobladr and danster like this.
  5. squeally dan

squeally dan

Mar 30, 2008
    Love that pickguard with the red.

6. Rick Penrose

Rick Penrose

Dec 8, 2014
    Virginia
    What pickups did you drop in?

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022