Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gearhead Madsubwoofer's realtime broadcast!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mad Subwoofer, Feb 21, 2002.

1. If you want to hear some different boxes in action check out this link a 6PM PST tonight, Thursday,Feb21st. http://artichoke.alma.uvic.ca:7070/ramgen/cfuvfm102.ra Our live dub trio will be doing a live on air performance for all to hear. My DBX 120XP will be on the whole time...subtley. I will use various filters as well including my DOD FX25, Korg G5 bass synth, Mutron III and my Prunes and Custard. I will double my bass parts with my Akai Headrush. The band is Pacific Frontal System. You will need Real Player to check it out...it's free of course.
    Thanks!
    :cool:

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  3. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    I got to listen up through the interview, good stuff Madsubwoofer! The synth sub I think was lost a bit due to real player, but you had some crazy filter's going! You made really good use of the room afforded you in the band, congrats!

4. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    I was at work, so couldn't listen... is it archived anywhere??

5. Well golly, thanks! That is a great compliment. I listened back and noticed the lack of sub...oh well. The DJ's said all the plumbing in the studio was resonating with the bass...cool huh? I use my wee DOD fx25 more than anything these days. It makes that serious low, low dub tone; inaudible through my little desktop speakers unfortunetly! I kinda stumbled a bit in a few parts...all the years I've played, I still can get nervous in a new situation.
    Thanks for checking it out...glad I could share that with you guys.
    It's not archived, sorry.

6. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    We are the only musicians who play anything that can do actual physical damage!!! WOOHOO. That is cool. Let me know if you do it again.

7. Don't that just make you feel all speshul... :D :rolleyes:

8. Actually, I take that back. Have you seen those pointy guitars you see in metal bands, you could hurt yourself on some of those.

9. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Yeah, but all they can do sonically is bore you and give you a headache!

10. Pointy stuff...not just for guitarists anymore

[​IMG]

11. Where are you guys taking this thread??? Yer scaring me.....

12. Damn, I really wanted to hear the P&C in action. I still want one of those suckers. Have any sound clips, MS?

13. I can mail you an MP3 of a song featuring the P+C throughout. Give me your address and let me know how big of a file size you can accept? I can mail up to about 3.5 megs. It is a rough mix but the P+C sounds HUGE....

14. If any folks are interested..give me yer email address, the biggest file size you think you can accept and I will mail you an MP3. I have a few "Ifree Warrior" has lots o' Prunes +Custard w/ a bit o' Korg G5 toward the end. Struggle has Mutron III+ on HP w/ a bit o' DOD set for "dub tone."
    Let me know...the style is fat dub both traditional and modern.
    Thanks for your interest.
    Chris P.
    subharmonium@shaw.ca