Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gard, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Oh man, there's a party in Nawlins tonight!!!

National Champions: Louisiana State University Tigers!

:D

...almost makes sitting through all those horribly bad games in Death Valley worthwhile!!!

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Congrats to the Tigers!! They would have put a butt-whippin on the Trojans if given the chance!

-Mike

3. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    I wanted to cry.

Honestly, I don't think the Tigers WON the game, the Sooners LOST the game.

Jason White played like a pre-schooler, the offensive line may as well have been made of paper, Mark Clayton was basically useless....it goes on and on. Their defense (which set up both touchdowns) is the only reason this game was even close. Playing the way they did tonight, they don't even deserve to have played. Pitiful display.

Congrats to the Tigers.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    YES!!! OU shouldn't have been there anyway!

5. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    not to rain on anyone's parade, Gard, but the AP poll already named USC number 1... Let the fight begin!

Actually, I love it when this happens in the BCS because it proves that the BCS is mostly worthless. It is time for a playoff...

P@

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    AMEN!

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Who woulda thunk?!

brad cook

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Bah! :spit: USC played a wimpy, weak, and utterly laughable PAC10 schedule this year. LSU played a much harder SEC schedule, compare how many ranked teams each went up against, and anyone with half a brain cell will see that USC is anything but a #1 team (#2 maybe, top 3 certainly, but not #1). I don't care one whit what the AP poll says, the BCS, for all of the goofy flaws, got it right this time.

That said, I'd love to see a championship game between LSU & USC....

....LSU would kill them.

:D

Oh, and Ty, the reason that OU looked so bad is because the LSU defense really IS that good. If it weren't for the awful pass that Mauck threw in the 4th, the game would have been a complete blowout.

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    How about Nick Saban's contract? If he wins a national title, he automatically makes $1 more than the highest paid coach. That used to be Bob Stoops @ 2.5 mil a year. What was he making before last night, 750k?

10. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ohhh, sorry.... :D

P@