Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gecko guitar parts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SummerSoft, Aug 25, 2005.

1. SummerSoft

SummerSoft

Jun 17, 2005
    I'm thinking of purchasing Gecko body and neck from www.warmoth.com.
    what do you think of that?
    Is that worth the money?
    Thanks

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Hi, if you do a search you'll find lots of discussion on Warmoth and the Gecko bass. Also, Bwbass here on TB works at warmoth :)

3. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    Yes, there is a lot of informations on TB.

I have a Warmoth dinky Jazzbass and it's great. Warmoth woods and finish are great. It depends on your budget if you want to have a high end bass.
    Mine is very simple and sound absolutly great, you can check my project on the JB gallery at Jacques Paulin.

Moreover, the quality of your bass will depends of the electronic parts because warmoth wood quality is ok.
    Look at the electrnic part, bassline preamp and PUs will be good enought for a professionnal quality.

Do you have an idea for the specs?

4. SummerSoft

SummerSoft

Jun 17, 2005
    I was thinking of Swamp ash body with (burl) maple top, wenge/maple neck and Asian ebony fingerboard with perhaps Nordstrand pups and Hipshot hardware. And is it possible to get a neck with zero fret?
    Thanks

5. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    Zero fret,look on their site, or ask, but I cannot answer for this.

I have Nordstran pick ups too on my JB, it s very nice with John East preamp.

Quilt mapple on top? they have a gorgeous dark cherry dye finish if you want.

6. SummerSoft

SummerSoft

Jun 17, 2005
    and do these basses have anything to do with Geckoguitars from Australia?

7. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    No.