Geddy and Rush Review of the 1st night of the tour

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Gallient Knight, Jun 29, 2002.

1. After to many years away from the road Rush opened their Vapor Trails tour in Hartford CT last night to a 3 generation audience of dedicated fans.

A short review: Amazing

A little more detail: Some of the best musicianship I have had the pleasure to witness in many years. They ran through cuts from every record ( or at least close to it) And it felt like they had been playing live with each other every day. Everyones timing and talent was there from the first song to the last, and you would have to be really picky to even notice the few small technical or timing problems.

They dedicated Between the Sun and the Moon to John Entwistle.

Geddy really turned some heads with the new back end rig he is using. He is actually miking 3 cabinets in his live rig. And I bet his stage techs hate his new stuff. But I wont give it away if you are going to be seeing any of the other tour legs.

If you are not going you should. Even at $65 a ticket.
  2. I REALLY hope they come to the UK
  3. I hope they come down south :D
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i'm off to see them tomorrow night in charolette nc. then it's off to raleigh on the 4th. i'll try to catch them in nashville, and rumour has it that they will eventually make it to atlanta. :D
  5. Yay. :D
  6. Me too!
    13 hours and 15 minutes to show time!!! I can't wait.
  7. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    I'll be seeing them on the 14th, can't wait!
  8. akhnaton

Jun 7, 2002
    raleigh, nc
    Got tickets to see them in raleigh on the 4th. Well I'm supposed to at least, I ordered them the first week they came out and they are not here yet. Getting ready to call Ticketmaster and let them have it ($71 is a lot of money to just toss away).
  9. Be careful with ticketmaster and this show. I am sure its a goof up but our tickets were duplicated. Worked out for us, we got moved closer to the stage by about 20 rows.
  10. It's happening elsewhere, too. Like in Charlotte last night! Check this out..
    I drove up there with the drummer from my band and two friends of his. Me and the drummer already had tickets -- about 7 rows in from the back on the left-hand side. The guys we drove up with didn't have tickets. So we get there, they walk right up to the ticket window and score two front-row seats on Geddy's side of the stage! The tickets must have been released at the last minute. One of them wound up being a duplicate, but they worked it out with the guy who had the other Row 1, Seat 9 ticket.
    At first, me and the drummer were like, "You guys SUCK!" But then, we were like, "you guys are totally gonna let us sit in those seats for a few songs." They agreed to let us have the front row seats for the first four songs of the second set, so we met up at intermission and swapped tickets. So there I was, front row, looking right up at Geddy freakin' Lee, with my Geddy Lee "My Favorite Headache" t-shirt on, singing all the words. He looked down at me about 10 times, it was cool as hell! What an amazing show. Just to be in the front row for four songs was worth the price of admission. Can't wait to see them again in Atlanta!
  11. akhnaton

Jun 7, 2002
    raleigh, nc
    After being on hold for a half hour I'm finally gonna get my tickets, hooray!
  12. No! Rush won't be anywhere near Atlanta between now and August 3rd, which is when I move to North Carolina....and after then, they won't be playing anywhere near North Carolina! :(

Oh God, the humanity!!
  13. That is some bad timing there, Jordan. But, if you're not moving too far up into North Carolina, you can always consider going to Atlanta for the show in October. I live near Atlanta and I rode up to Charlotte last night for the show. Sure, I got home at 3:15 in the morning, but it was worth it!
  14. LWatford

Jul 28, 2001
    Helena, AL
    When is the rumored Atlanta date?
  15. That would be a good idea. Dad will probably be more than willing to squeeze in a visit down here the same time Rush are playing.
    Some friends and I made a similar trip near the end of May to see John Mayer in Alabama. Got home around 2:30 to 3 in the morning, but it was hella-worth it. ;) I guess road trips always tend to make a concert more exciting. :D
  16. Rumor has it, October 13 at Philips Arena.