Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Geddy bass neck?????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RealBK, Nov 19, 2002.

1. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Hi, Can anyone post a photo of the side view of a Fender Geddy bass neck just to get an idea of the thickness of it? As i live in the UK i will never get the chance to test out the bass myself.

2. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    here you go....

[​IMG]

don't mind the hipshot!

P@

3. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    and another...

[​IMG]

I have a GL and a brand new digital camera that I am dying to use... let me know if you need any more shots!

P@

4. funkasaurus

funkasaurus

Apr 23, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I wouldn't mind seeing the front, fretboard, and headstock too! :)

5. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Jim Carey voice on:

"Alrighty then....."

voice off...

[​IMG]

P@

6. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    and one more!

[​IMG]

P@

7. funkasaurus

funkasaurus

Apr 23, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Is that a pearloid pickguard? And if it is, did you put it on yourself?

Sweet bass. I played one of these awhile back and loved it. If I were to get another Jazz, it would be a Geddy Lee. I can't believe they go for around $600 new.

8. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    I have wanted the Geddy bass for so long!!!!! (9 months) but cause i live in the U.K i can't get the bass over here!!!!! (Damm Fender) To buy from the U.S. Including shipping would just be too much. One day i will get this fine bass!!!!!!!

Modulus Randy Hope Taylor bass going up on ebay.co.uk next week!

9. Chrisrm

Chrisrm Bass Virtuoso Wannabe

Feb 10, 2002
    Colchester, CT
    RealBK,
    Not to get off topic, but do you have any pics of
    the Modulus ????

Chris

10. Ahhh.... that Geddy Lee is like an orgasm to the eyes...

11. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    thanks for the kind (jealous?) words about my GL.... that is one bass that I really have grown attached to, and to be quite honest it's the bass out of all or mine that i have had the longest! almost two years now!

funkasaurus, yeah that is a pearloid pickguard, I think the guard is just the regular Fender... no big deal to replace 'em, infact that bass has had a black pearloid, tortoise shell, the stock white, and the pearloid... I swap 'em out every once in a while.

AcousticBass, no... you may not have mine... but they go for about 600$ just about everywhere, and even better than that on ebay... save your pennies like i did! :D

P@

12. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Just a heads-up on this, but there have been reports on the FDP and elsewhere of bad necks on some of these.

If they're OK, they're OK, but check them closely before taking delivery. Apparently they are so skinny that there are some warp/twist problems on some.

Neat bass, but be careful, especially on EBay.

13. Chrisrm

Chrisrm Bass Virtuoso Wannabe

Feb 10, 2002
    Colchester, CT
    I briefly had a GL. First one I looked at did indeed have a twisted neck. A very bad twist at that, very apparent just by looking down the neck. The one I bought had a couple of raised frets, which the dealer took care of. So, be careful. Try to play the bass your planning to buy before you lay down your hard earned money.

Chris