1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Geddy Jazz Bass owners: Please help!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassnyc1, May 1, 2009.

1. Hi everyone,

I'm having a neck re-shaped for me by Michael Dolan in California. So far his customer service has been excellent and I'm sure the finished product will be every bit as good as all the other reviews that I've read about his work here on Talkbass.

I've asked him to re-shape a P bass neck into a replica of the Geddy Lee Jazz bass neck since I love that slim profile so much. Anyway, he's asking me about the neck's dimensions. I've forwarded him the specs from Fender's website yet there's one bit of info I still need. He's asked me for the measurements through the neck from back to fingerboard next to the 1st and 12th frets. Is it possible for any of you who own a Geddy bass to check those measurements for me? I don't own a Geddy Jazz and I won't be able to get to a music store for a while so if anybody here on talkbass can post that info, I'd very much appreciate it!!!

Thanks to any and all in advance!!!

2. Jjango

Jjango

Nov 16, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    See this TalkBass thread called "Geddy Lee neck dimensions": http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2926139&postcount=4

3. Thanks so much for this info! I will post pics when I get the neck back!!!

4. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    wouldnt it be cheaper to get a geddy neck tehre is a complet geddy on ebay for 550$ buy it now

5. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    +1. I'd just buy a Geddy neck...also, your luthier (as talented as he may be) has to be careful not to sand down too far exposing the truss rod. I heard it's a very easy thing to mess up...

6. Jjango

Jjango

Nov 16, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    My pleasure, though the real credit goes to "giantjerk".