1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Geddy Lee’s Big Beautiful Book of Bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BigDanT, Oct 7, 2017.

1. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    oh I will be getting this. Can you GAS for a book?

2. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    Tell me more.....:woot:

3. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    Will this be his version of Bass Culture?

4. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Count me in... hopefully, it will help complete my emulation of him...

5. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Geddy Lee's Big Beautiful Book of Bass Coming Next Fall
    bbb.jpg
    New details have just emerged regarding Geddy Lee's new book, aptly titled Geddy Lee's Big Beautiful Book of Bass. The book is currently scheduled for a Fall 2018 release.

From the press release:Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame and RUSH bassist Geddy Lee’s Geddy Lee’s Big Beautiful Book of Bass is a gorgeous, fully illustrated love letter to rock ’n’ roll’s rumbly bottom end, complete with a guided tour of Lee’s extensive vintage bass collection, personal anecdotes, observations and history, from one of the world’s most revered and beloved masters of the instrument.

This lavishly illustrated book presents one facet of Lee's own personal journey. The bass guitar has been his passport, his vehicle, his fuel; this book will be his account of a life lived on the stage and a view of the world he’s seen on the road.

With contributions from arts journalist Daniel Richler and Lee’s trusted bass tech, John “Skully” McIntosh, with photography by Richard Sibbald, Geddy Lee’s Big Beautiful Book of Bass will have something for every reader, from RUSH fans who want to know the inside story of Lee’s relationship with the instrument that has given him so much in his life, to the most knowledgeable musicians and collectors. This will be the definitive book on the bass, from one of the most respected players in history.

Aside from the HarperDesign trade edition, there will be limited run of signed and numbered deluxe editions available as well.Pre-Order links for the book are not yet available.

Click HERE for more information.

Thanks to RushFanForever for passing along the news.

bobba66, SNCpre and mikeyjm2 like this.
  6. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    I see that his famous Pee Bass is not prominent in this photo, if it is there at all.