1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Geddy Lee? Aerodyne? Why not a GeddyDyne?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jimmy Costanza, Jan 12, 2018.

1. I've always liked the Aerodyne because of the contoured body, no pickguard and binding, as well as P/J pickups. And, love the Geddy Lee model for it's neck (thin, fast, block inlays and binding)

I've had an Aerodyne done for a while and in the last couple of years have picked up a couple of Geddy Lees. Finally, I decided I wouldn't be happy unless I had the best of both worlds: So I bought another Aerodyne body (added a Hipshot bridge, Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder P/J set, upgraded electronics, and Dunlop Strap Locks) + a Fender licensed All Parts JMF-BB neck. Painted the headstock black, added a silver Fender Jazz waterside decal, Schaller Ultra Light tuning keys and an All Parts string retainer.

So, if anyone is interested in what that might look like, here it is:

Attached Files:

Zoobiedood and wmmj like this.
  2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Gimme the leftovers I'll make an Aerolee? :woot::roflmao:

wmmj and Jimmy Costanza like this.
  3. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Actually that looks really, really nice! :thumbsup:

4. Haha. I didn't think of that moniker. No leftovers though. I couldn't stand the thought of taking apart a perfectly good bass, so I just sought out the individual parts to build it

JohnnyChatter and bholder like this.