geddy lee album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by barroso, Jul 28, 2001.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i bought yesterday a copy of "my favourite headache" by geddy lee. i like a lot the album and i want to hear your comments on this cd.
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    My comment is:

"We have a forum to discuss recordings, you know."

You'll find it there, along with a few older thread on the same subject.
  3. barroso

Aug 16, 2000

a momentary lapse of,...of,....
  4. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Yeah, I like it a lot too. When I first picked it up, oh man, I literally couldn't stop listening to it. It's not that I was so impressed with any single aspect, but overall, the songs just had me hooked. It was also cool to hear the collaboration with others, especially in the percussion area. My only grips is the lack of guitar solos, but oh well. Great album.
  5. I got the same impression. I'm completely hooked on the songs. His bass tone is absolutely killer as well. Vocals are great. Excellent production. It's like he's at the top of his game on this album.

I might get flamed for this (don't worry I'm a huge Peart fan) but I think Geddy's playing actually sounds better with a more laid back drummer. It grooves more.

The vocal melodies are very impressive also. I read somewhere on his site that it was easier for him to write the melodies as the lyricist, because he could write the words to fit the melody instead of having to come up with a melody that fit the words.