Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Geddy Lee and Molded Case Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pause, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Pause

Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    I just went out and spent $100 on a Fender molded case for my Geddy Lee Jazz. When I got home and put it in, it didn't want to fit, but now it will close. It looks to me as though it's molded for a P bass, but the salesperson at GC told me it would fit both.

Is the Geddy Lee body a bit bigger than other Jazz bodies or do all Jazzes fit like this? It just doesn't look as though it's supposed to go in there, but I made it.

Brett

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I had the same problem when I bought a molded case for my Geddy. That case is a 'one size fits all' job.

After a few times of taking the bass out and putting it back in, it works fine.

If you want a perfect fit, the rectangular hardcase is a better option.

3. Pause

Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    Thanks embellisher, i thought you would be able to help.

i'm not going to bring it back to GC. So even though it doesn't look as though it should fit, i'm keeping it.

I told the salesperson that I wanted a clean case so I think that he went and took an MIA P out of it before bring it to me. Inside the little compartment under the neck he left that goodie bag with a cable [ugly] strap, polish cloth, and tool. whoo hoo!

thanks again

4. I dont think they're one size fits both. cause i have the jazz bass case, and it definatly doesnt fit my P.