Geddy Lee and Molded Case Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pause, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    I just went out and spent $100 on a Fender molded case for my Geddy Lee Jazz. When I got home and put it in, it didn't want to fit, but now it will close. It looks to me as though it's molded for a P bass, but the salesperson at GC told me it would fit both.

Is the Geddy Lee body a bit bigger than other Jazz bodies or do all Jazzes fit like this? It just doesn't look as though it's supposed to go in there, but I made it.

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I had the same problem when I bought a molded case for my Geddy. That case is a 'one size fits all' job.

After a few times of taking the bass out and putting it back in, it works fine.

If you want a perfect fit, the rectangular hardcase is a better option.
  3. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    Thanks embellisher, i thought you would be able to help.

i'm not going to bring it back to GC. So even though it doesn't look as though it should fit, i'm keeping it.

I told the salesperson that I wanted a clean case so I think that he went and took an MIA P out of it before bring it to me. Inside the little compartment under the neck he left that goodie bag with a cable [ugly] strap, polish cloth, and tool. whoo hoo!

thanks again
  4. I dont think they're one size fits both. cause i have the jazz bass case, and it definatly doesnt fit my P.