1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Geddy Lee bass - Great quality and sou

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gröt, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Gröt

Gröt

May 1, 2008
    Hi !

I know there are many that uses this bass.

Can you recommend it ?

Are the quality and sound good, even though
    the neck is as thin as it is ?

2. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I love mine. It's certainly worth the price ($500-600 used). Tone for days and really playable, that is if you like the skinny neck. It's not for everyone though.

3. Gröt

Gröt

May 1, 2008
    Yes, i find it very cheap, and just because of that i wonder if it´s...that...good ? But, they do make good instruments in Japan.

I heard of another guy that the tone dies rather fast, maybe due to the thin neck and/or due to the badass bridge ?

4. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    GREAT bass, especially for the price. Playability is awesome and I have growl for days. Highly recommended.

5. contakt321

contakt321

Jul 31, 2006
    New York, NY
    First: Do a search, there are slightly more than 1,000,000 threads about this.

Second: This bass is really one of the best values in a new bass you can get right now. Buy away.

6. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    mine sounded good, but the neck is skinnnnnny...it always bothered me and i never got used to it

7. Gröt

Gröt

May 1, 2008

I will read some of them...not all i guess :)

8. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    It's almost certain that Guitar Center or Sam Ash would have one of these - go play one and see for yourself!

9. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I could be wrong but, anyone with two dots above their O's probably isnt anywhere near a Sam Ash or Guitar Center :eek: :p

10. Gröt

Gröt

May 1, 2008
    Yes, i should try one out myself, of course, if one of the stores in Gothenburg, Sweden can get hold of one:)

11. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    LOL - got me there!

Well, I'd say pick one up, you won't be disappointed, and if you really don't like it, then just sell it. It shouldn't be that hard since you guys don't have Guitar Center or Sam Ash :bag: