Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Geddy Lee bass !!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RealBK, Jul 23, 2002.

1. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Hi, Here is the problem i live in the U.K. and i can't find anyway to get hold of this bass (Fender Geddy Lee jazz bass)!!!! Why oh Why didn't they make this bass avalible to the U.K. Market?

Can anyone please tell me where i may get one from?

If it's a U.S. Dealer they have to be selling them at a VERY good price, as i live in the U.K. , and would have to fork out a small fortune on shipping.

HELP!!!!!!

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Why dont you ask those Japanese guys why they get all the crazy stuff?!!?!?!?!?!!!

The one thing I really trully hate about Fender is that they dont make all their products available to everyone!

Blah

Peace
    Nick

3. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Call these guys.

www.bassnw.com

They are a Fender dealer and will ship worldwide.

4. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    I'm your messia:

www.thomann.de
    The price is GOOD! However you'll have to send me a big "Thank you!" :D

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I noticed that about Fender. The Jamerson sig P wasn't available over here in the States, but it was in the UK.

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Is it really to their advantage to do things this way?

Id imagine that making all their products available everywhere would increase sales to the point that the extra amount spent getting the products out there would be more than compensated for.

Peace
    Nick

7. but you guys get the ibanez ATK over there! check those out.

8. dreadhead

dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Europe
    When you enter the site you can choose the right flag. When you choose it, the site adjusts prices with the right actual taxes, so the price are correct. Cool, isn't it?

9. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Hi, I orginaly ordered it from THOMMAN but it would take till the end of October to get it in Stock! The price was quite good £580. I canceled the order.

10. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Hi, Has anyone from the U.K. ever ordered any bass from the U.S. Musicians Friend or Bassnw? How much did the import duty cost?