1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Geddy Lee epiphany...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by nonohmic, Jun 14, 2007.

1. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Listened to Rush for the first time today.

Now i see why everybody digs Geddy Lee...

Why have i been ignorant for so long?!!!!! :bawl:

that is all.

2. PhilRitter21

PhilRitter21

Apr 23, 2007
    Toledo Ohio
    good god man!

3. Nikoubis

Nikoubis

May 3, 2007
    Athens, Greece
    From the thread title, I thought Geddy started using cabs again...

4. Speaking of epiphanies.. I saw the boys in concert last night!! First show of the tour. Incredible performance. They just keep getting better. They did 9 songs off the new album (the first 8 plus "Malignant Narcissism, on which Geddy played a Fender Jaco Pastorius J-bass) plus a bunch of old stuff. Geddy has replaced the washing machines.. with vending machines full of rotisserie chickens!

5. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
    Perhaps Geddy had an epiphany himself. I just read on another forum that at the first show of the tour in Atlanta he broke out his Ric for the band's encore of "A Passage to Bangkok."

6. pdusen

pdusen

Aug 18, 2004
    OP: Out of curiosity, which song was it you heard?

Dave: Could you kindly type out what you remember of the setlist?

7. He did, indeed! I forgot to mention that.. workin' on two hours sleep here.. :bassist:

8. Audiophage

Audiophage

Jan 9, 2005
    Now, that's just weird. Do you know if the chickens are real and if they are, are they eaten?

9. Sure thing. I meant to bring a pen and paper to the show and write it down, but I forgot! Here's as much as I can remember.. not in order:
    Limelight, Freewill, The Spirit of Radio, Entre Nous, Natural Science, Tom Sawyer, YYZ, Witch Hunt, Mission, Dreamline, Subdivisions, Digital Man, Circumstances, One Little Victory, Secret Touch, Summertime Blues, A Passage To Bangkok, Far Cry, Armor and Sword, Workin' Them Angels, The Larger Bowl, Spindrift, The Main Monkey Business, The Way the Wind Blows, Hope, Malignant Narcissism.

10. I'm not sure if they were real. I'm just glad he didn't throw any into the crowd!

11. tempo2112

tempo2112

Jun 27, 2006
    Wirral, UK
    YYZ!!!??, Digital Man???!! , that looks like a great set. I'm seeing them in Manchester later in the year. Hope the set is pretty much the same (with Freewill in there too!):hyper: :hyper:

12. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Got Snakes and Arrows and my first listen was Spindrift.

I know its bad, but I've been solidly submerged in electronica since moving on from my Jazz/Funk phase and have pretty much spent all my effort sourcing new beats.

Plus, TB is seriously the first place i'd ever heard of Rush, none of my friends were into it and my parents never had any of their shizz.

And good to hear they are touring!!!!

13. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab HELIX user & BOSE Abuser

Feb 11, 2004
    Texas
  14. I forgot "Between the Wheels".
    Here's some pics from the Atlanta newspaper:
    http://lpe.accessatlanta.com/gallery/view/music/concerts/0607/rush/

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021