Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Geddy Lee Fender bass (part II)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rsrd, Feb 12, 2006.

1. rsrd

rsrd

Jan 6, 2006
    Thanks to everyone who pitched in their opinions on the GL Jazz. I ended up getting one for the band( with a hardshell instead of the floppy bag :rollno: ) just in time to record with. I especially liked the growl from the pickups when pushed as well as the feel of the slimmer kneck. Here is a clip of one of the songs (beware it starts of soft but gets suddenly meaty):

Clip

Now I just need to find a way to keep it, as recording expenses are getting high and Im running low on funds :mad:

Thomas

2. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Blood and/or "male release" can get you some extra income. ;) But seriously, try as hard as you can to keep the GL in your hands - those basses are certainly keepers in any meaning of the term.

Very nice tone on the song, by the way (and the song itself I dig as well). The mellow beginning shows that Geddys aren't just about all the growl, and the rest of the song shows that they can be. :hyper:

3. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Nice tone and nice recording.

The GL still remains atop of my GAS list.
    If you ever decide to sell it, contact me.

4. I so wish you got paid for blood or male release :p here, all we get is a cookie and a thank you! bah, ingrates :p

5. rsrd

rsrd

Jan 6, 2006
    I agree that this is one of the GL Basses best qualities (along with looking badass and feeling so smooth). It's gonna really hurt if I have to sell this baby. :crying: I'm trying to purge all my guitar gear first;)

~t

6. rsrd

rsrd

Jan 6, 2006
    Looks like this one is going to be up in the classifieds shortly :crying:

Thomas

7. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    WHAT?????

8. rsrd

rsrd

Jan 6, 2006
    I know!!! And aint she a beauty!

[​IMG]

2 months old. used for about 8 hours. Hell I'm still in the honeymoon phase and now it's waving goodbye :bawl:

Thomas

9. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Why...if you don't mind me asking.....are you ditching it. I have one and to be honest it aint ever going nowhere.

10. rsrd

rsrd

Jan 6, 2006
    We had to go back into the studio and remix 6 of the 8 songs again. it just wasn't sitting right with us. I need to find $800 quick. I've already had to sell a nice guitar and amp up to this point. Unfortunately this is next on the list. Hopefully I'll get the money back down the road and buy another. Better yet I can find $800 on the street and keep her!

11. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Sorry to hear that but the show (and recording) must go on.
    Best of luck although re. selling your Geddy should be straightforward.

12. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    You aren't the only one in your band ditching gear for studio time, are you?

13. StringsOf4

StringsOf4

Dec 16, 2005
    If you don't mind my asking, don't you think its counterproductive to sell your GEAR to get money for your BAND? What will you do once its gone? A cd isn't worth not being able to play. Either get the $ somewhere else, or leave the songs as is, the people who buy the cd won't notice/care. The entire 11 songs I've released on a cd all sucked to me, but the kids (fans) could care less.

14. bman

bman

Dec 4, 2000
    Sandown, N.H., USA
    Sounds great.
    Find a way to keep it. I sold mine and I know I'll just end up getting another one someday.

BTW, I LOVE the tune.