1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Geddy Lee, guest bassist!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by homecooken, Feb 23, 2016.

Mediocrity Man likes this.
  2. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Listened to that yesterday. Listened to a few of their other songs as well. I quite like this band.

3. Lee Moses

Lee Moses

Apr 2, 2013
    Tennessee
    So, you get Geddy Lee to play on your album, and what do you do? You ask him to play a basic straight 8th-note bassline.

Makes perfect sense.

easleyw13, andruca, exidor and 2 others like this.
  4. LOL I am a big Rush fan and thought the same thing!

5. Mediocrity Man

Mediocrity Man Master of Mediocrity

Apr 11, 2014
    Stillwater, New Jersey
    It fits with the music. That's what matters I think.

6. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa Guest

Dec 25, 2011
    Sounds like pretty much every indie band. As for Geddy, well he was guest, just like you hire another famous bass player for your project, he acts like a session player.

LowManWins likes this.
  7. Lee Moses

Lee Moses

Apr 2, 2013
    Tennessee
    I'm not blaming Geddy for playing what he did. He did his job. But it seems that for a band and their producer to be so excited for what Geddy could contribute to the track, they really missed the opportunity to let Geddy contribute to the track.

MarkoYYZ likes this.
  8. blue4

blue4

Feb 3, 2013
    St. Louis area
    If I'm going to get Geddy Lee on my album, I'm going to write a song that showcase him. This is the equivalent of getting Jeff Beck and then having him strumming G C and D. Maybe that's exactly what Geddy wanted to do though, who knows.

Lee Moses likes this.
  9. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    I hate "social" cameos. I mean, here in Spain's (really endogamic) "frat mentality" rock establishment it's VERY frequent, yet it's 99% made for the sake of "notable name contribution" than really ever adding anything to any song. Talent is rare in Spanish rock music.