Geddy Lee Interview

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by snyderz, Nov 30, 2000.

1. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    There's a nice interview with Geddy Lee in the latest Guitar World magazine.

2. Yeah, I read it too. Bummer about Neil Peart's daughter and wife though. I hope he's doing okay.
  3. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I think he's doing okay. I saw a website that says he got remarried in a private ceremony in December.

But, I have to believe it'd be extremely difficult to fully get over losing one family member, and probably quite a bit harder to lose 2 within about a year of each other:eek:
  4. Geddy is on the cover of BP next month.
  5. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    He'll also be on the cover of Bass Frontiers next month with a great interview by PJ LaMariana...I've read it but I'd ket killed if I told ya any more!
  6. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    AGAIN!? (sigh)
    ...I also see BP is finally getting around to "covering" Tribal Tech's ROCKET SCIENCE. Once again, Willis gets shafted on the cover story! When BENT was released, Claypool made the there no justice?!

...before you get your shorts all wrinkled up, I'm *only kidding*! :D
  7. jimmysquid

Jul 5, 2000
    Hey so what's the consensus on his new CD? Is it worth picking up or do we have another "Victor" on our hands? No offense to Alex Lifeson. I think he's an incredible guitarist but "Victor" didn't do it for me.
  8. The Geddy CD is definitely worth picking up.
    And I must be the only one, but I loved "Victor."
  9. i like geddys new CD and i think it is a must have, but i liked Victor even more, probally because geddy is the singer as soon as i here his voice my brain thinks rush, didn't have the same probalem with the victor cd

so push comes to shove your not alone dave
  10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    The Geddy CD is a must have for his fans, and the Victor CD that Alex did a while back is a good one too, you're certainly not alone Dave :).
  11. The Geddy CD is great! I'll probably do a review at some point, but in brief the songs are excellent, the bass is great (of course) and the production is top notch. I was initially leary ;) of Ged playing with a different drummer, but he and Matt Cameron are really good together.

Oh yeah. I hated "Victor", too. No memorable hooks or songs. Very haphazard, no continuity. After my first listen to MFH, I couldn't (and still can't!) get Window to the World out of my head. After my first listen to Victor, I was disgusted! Sorry guys!
  12. jimmysquid

Jul 5, 2000

I was holding off on buying it waiting to see what the Ged Heads of talkbass had to say-what kind of fan am I? No seriously Bass Player's review seems a little ambiguous as to whether they really recommended it or not.

And to all you Victor lovers out there the CD has it's moments. I had really high expectations of the Claypool/Lifeson combo that on paper sounds like a match made in heaven(-all they need is Will Calhoun from Living Colour and they'd take over the planet!-)but the end result didn't do it for me. I like the tune with the chick doing the early Geddy imitation on vocals. Alex's playing was great but I have to agree with the Sting5 otherwise. Alex is still the man regardless. In the end the solo stuff is cool until the next Rush.

-the Squid