geddy lee jazz bass pickguard

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by kevin184, Dec 25, 2005.

1. kevin184

Dec 25, 2005
    i did some searches and i couldnt find anything on this, so sorry if its already been asked.

which style of pickguard will fit a geddy lee jazz bass? im going to put a new 3 layer B/W/B pickguard on so ive been looking at websites. most have a couple different styles of jazz bass pickguards. i only found one site that has a style specifically for the geddy lee, so im not sure if that means it has a unique pattern or not.

2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Pretty much every model of fender bass (or fender copies for that matter) have a different pickguard layout, depending on year, make, and model. But, I have seen a lot of people upgrade their geddy. So, that makes me assume the regular American Fender style pickguards would work fine, since they tend to be the most widely available.
  3. Actually... the GL has an extra scew hole above the neck p/u. Most average replacements don't fit because of the screw layout and the extra hole. Also (and there are threads on the subject) I have read about improper fit around the neck pocket esp on the Geddy basses.

I ordered a replacement p/g in black pearl from Pickguards US (Chandler Guitars) specifically for the Geddy and it fits perfectly. Price was fairly reasonble too, about $55 incl. shipping.